"Oh there's 3 million baht in the brown envelope" - how did that get there!

webfact

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Big envelope.. That's 3200 x1000 baht notes.

Pretty hard to miss.

Indeed. This is a better picture. Hard to claim "I thought it was documents" ...

Surprised he didn't have some fawning lower-level apparatchik with him to do the literal 'heavy lifting'. I didn't think pooyai ever carried their own bags.

I wonder if he'll be charged with 3,200 counts of bribery, one for each note? 

2040606949_Screenshot2023-04-05at15_07_01.thumb.jpg.e14f4348ecd67d5c007dad4275d862e7.jpg

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Really? So they set up the sting for fun and the corrupt judges will say it was all a misunderstanding and send him back to his office desk. Really?

I think you might lose your bet,

I think its just another case of where justice not served and they just get moved around whatever.. so the bet could be in the bag... do for fun?  sure.... if it furthers their careers/possible acumilation of a smaller brown envelope.. why not...  as for the point of justice?  what?  

16 minutes ago, Seeall said:
3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Really? So they set up the sting for fun and the corrupt judges will say it was all a misunderstanding and send him back to his office desk. Really?

I think you might lose your bet,

I think its just another case of where justice not served and they just get moved around whatever.. so the bet could be in the bag... do for fun?  sure.... if it furthers their careers/possible acumilation of a smaller brown envelope.. why not...  as for the point of justice?  what?  

Give it up before you dig the hole too deep.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

another thai tradition to be proud of eh. 

also deny deny deny deny deny deny deny deny ....what a complete clown culture this place is. 

It’s empirical. People had it done to them and then it’s their turn to pay it forward. Not saying it’s right, just how it is how it has been and for some how it always will be. I used to think it would be the current generation that would sort it out but I think I’m being overly optimistic. It’s going to take a bit more than that

I was about to bring this money to the police, this company has attempted to bribe me, me an honest civil servant, you've got here just in time to arrest them, here is the evidence.

That would be my first response then let my lawyer provide further smoke screens.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

It had to be the mother of all envelops to contain 3 million plus baht and to think it was 'document', anyway, this guy will re think many times in his how he could have done differently and get busted like an amateur.

He should have sent a go between. That's how it's normally done.