Woman driver’s reckless reversal on motorway leads to horrific crash with lorry

webfact

What was wrong with her? Why was she going in reverse? Why not just be like many others, turn the vehicle around and drive in the wrong direction?

...and I thought with this new point system that driving in the wrong direction would be points deducted as well as a 2k THB fine......?  But I see many doing this every day that I drive.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

...and I thought with this new point system that driving in the wrong direction would be points deducted as well as a 2k THB fine......?

Probably no points will lost as she wasn't driving in the wrong direction, she was reversing.

Not doing a good job of it, look at her positioning, half in lane 1 and half in the hard shoulder.

Happens in the UK too, have seen tour buses and HGV's doing it, as well as cars.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, stoner said:

another clear example of the total lack of critical thinking by thai in regards to driving. 

the entitlement is disgusting in these people. 

There was a similar incident in the UK a few years back on the M4 near Reading. Also a woman.

Edited by Denim
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Probably no points will lost as she wasn't driving in the wrong direction, she was reversing.

Not doing a good job of it, look at her positioning, half in lane 1 and half in the hard shoulder.

Happens in the UK too, have seen tour buses and HGV's doing it, as well as cars.

I disagree with you. Just because she was going backwards doesn't mean she was driving in the correct direction.

image.png.1193efde8b9eb69943a1097e971dea88.png

The Expressway Police have not yet clarified any charges against either driver, but according to Section 139 of the Land Transport Act, drivers are not allowed to make U-turns, reverse or drive backwards on a motorway. Violators of this rule could be fined up to 1,000 baht.

1000 Baht. That will tell her a lesson. What a joke!!

In other countries it's multiple incl. driving ban for a certain time, mental check and education before possibly regaining driving license.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

There was a similar incident in the UK a few years back on the M4 near Reading. Also a woman.

are you in any way insinuating that the habits of uk are comparable to those in thailand ? for real ? 

an incident in uk vs how many times do you and I see this happen here in thailand on any number of roads almost daily. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

are you in any way insinuating that the habits of uk are comparable to those in thailand ? for real ? 

an incident in uk vs how many times do you and I see this happen here in thailand on any number of roads almost daily. 

I insinuate nothing. Just recalling an incident from memory. A dumb thing to do wherever it is done.

• Like 1

Good lord alive.

You should watch the video in the linked article.

Not only is she a total idiot for doing this but the quality of her reversing is absolutely shocking. She is weaving all over the place and at times is even fully in the inside lane and not the hard shoulder. Some much bigger lorries having to take evasive action to avoid her.

Extremely lucky that she didn't cause a massive pile-up killing herself and/or others.

Edited by realfunster
Typo

The total and utter extent of fukwittery I see on Thailands roads never ceases to amaze me. 
From utter selfishness, to blind stupidity….

No awareness of or concern for consequence can be a lovely facet of Thai society many of us enjoy, but this is also a deadly double-edged sword on Thailands roads.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Driving in Thailand can occasionally be frightening, frustrating, and comical.

It's like a video sometimes.  On long road trips from Sakon Nakhon to Bangkok I feel completely worn out, mentally and physically. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1