Ukrainian Woman Arrested After Spray Painting Famous Viewpoint in Phuket

webfact

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Tell that to the Russians, not the Thais. I support the Ukrainian struggle, but see this sort of behaviour as totally counter productive in gaining support for the cause.

Couldn't care less about the Russians, you tell them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mad mick said:

Personally make her scrub it off vandalism is what it is ! Send her back go fight if it means that much too her !  instead of laying around on ⛱️ spraying graffiti on bridges or landmarks in country your holidaying in while others are dieing for Ukraine or Russia ! unless you're conscientious objector to war , make peace sign ☮️✌️ plaque

agreed.. dont think shes holidaying tough.. saw that exact same graffiti sprayed behind the same bench in the pic 8 month ago.. on the spot id say same handwriting 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Zapitapi said:

ya ya and ukraine is the good guy here ?? 

In what way? The graffiti? I thought I already made that clear it was not the right thing to do. However I agree with her sentiment:

European Parliament declares Russia to be a state sponsor of terrorism

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20221118IPR55707/european-parliament-declares-russia-to-be-a-state-sponsor-of-terrorism

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Good ol' "Scouser Lee" and his accomplice "B". Clueless drunks who don't know there are CCTV cameras everywhere, just  like Liverpool. A suburban housewife reading above would believe the sacred monument is actually from the 13th century AD.

Send the to woman  to court and Yellow card.

She has a right to be angry  people have invaded her country and mean to destroy her and her countrymen, her frustrations were released through graffiti , harmless paint that is not directed at the king so no harm done, she will return on the 10th knowing she did her bit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Good too see this. I can't understand why Russians...who mostly supported or still  support Puttin are allowed to travel anywhere! They should NOT be welcome anywhere! 

Instead they stroll around Pattaya and Phuket like they own the fuc$ing place! 

They probably do own a fair bit of it with the help of straw men and brown envelopes, works well in London.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let Thailand remain neutral, otherwise, this is what happens.  Thailand don't want farangs tagging their country with graffiti.  We've seen the response to that in the past.
Just come here, relax, and chill out.  Let go of Geo-politics on the other side of the globe during your stay.  Enjoy your vacation!  That's the purpose of a vacation, right?  Not to drag all your troubles and woes with you.
Those problems will still be there when you board your plane to return home (or wherever you're going).

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This part was left out:

Colonel Chatree told the Phuket Express that regardless of the woman’s apologies that she is still facing charges of vandalism. Chatree added that the charge is strictly for vandalism and not for expressing political views, adding that there are more appropriate ways to express ones opinions and thoughts than deface a well known landmark and viewpoint.

The vandalism act has drawn significant and polarizing chatter on social media, with Russians widely criticizing the act and many Ukrainians and westerners supporting it. Thais, meanwhile, mostly expressed outrage for the act of defacing a famous viewpoint, regardless of the context of the speech.

????
Thais are the only ones who count as it's their country.  ????

It will be interesting to see what happens to her.  I remember some kids from the UK tagging 'the ancient wall' at Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai and they were threatened with jail time.  After lots of pointing, groveling, and apologizing I believe they were simply fined.  Same, same here my guess.
They were threatened with 10 years in jail, but got off with a 100K THB fine each and were encouraged to leave the country before the judge changed his mind.  Interesting, they were not banned from returning. 
I guess we'll see unless this is memory-holed in the press.

1602529712_Screenshotfrom2023-04-0816-08-59.png.bd46df4fdc077814fc01d6c8fb2fe838.png

Edited by connda
  • Like 1