Srettha eyes top job and defends ฿10k spending wallet for over 16s just unveiled by Pheu Thai

webfact

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Well I am 60,

So for sure over 16, I think I am well qualified for the 10,000..... And I got a real good suntan and almost look Thai.......

I even eat Somtam.........

I will vote for anybody...

I want my 10,000...

Thaksin's populist policies should soften the THB which will probably help you more if you get your income from abroad.

• Thumbs Up 1

See how modern Thailand has become? No more grubby bank notes at the polling booth. Nowadays it's a Digital Wallet. Plus 4km spending radius from your registered address will keep the money in the local economy.

Are there any limits on what it can or can't be spent on? Such as alcohol, cigarettes or lottery tickets.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Next he will want to reduce the top rates of taxation for the rich and wealthy  so this waste of money will be funded solely by the middle classes 

The top taxation rates are what the middle class pay...

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Don't they have time to do that before that date. Just ask the criminal fugitive.

Or is it possible that they want that the news on that day is about Pheu Thai, Pheu Thai and Pheu Thai?

I suggest they should be banned a day before the election. Then they can nominate whoever they want, and nobody cares.

Perhaps you have miscalculated.

If as you suggest they are banned the day before the election then a very large number of people will care very much. 

Even the most ardent of democracy hating neo fascists would think twice about pulling a stroke like that! Even one as committed as you surely?

I'd stock up on lots of cool soft drinks and roses for your favourite soldiers if I were you! Although I doubt if it would stop your favourite bus stop being torched again!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai Party nominee for Prime Minister and former business tycoon Srettha Thavisin has come out to defend a new policy put forward by the party which will give every Thai national over 16 a ฿10,000 stipend in a digital wallet from January 1st 2024 for six months if the party comes to power after the May 14th General Election.

Could this not be construed as vote buying en-masse?

• Like 1

Latest plank of the party’s economic policy aiming to boost GDP unveiled this week along with its election lineup is sure to be another vote-getter

"latest plank" I actually looked up the meaning and: 

plank
noun
1. a long, thin, flat piece of timber, used especially in building and flooring.
2. a fundamental point of a political or other program.

and whaddayaknow... , here I thought the author meant to write "prank"!

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

This populistic policy of giving free money clearly violates the election rules, so I expect that the Pheu Thai party will be banned before the election!

According to the EC, candidates must:

-Not offer, promise to offer or give away valuables or other benefits to voters

This is a policy not a backhander. Really doesn't matter the whole thing is bent. TIT. CORRUPT. 

8 hours ago, jonclark said:

Next he will want to reduce the top rates of taxation for the rich and wealthy  so this waste of money will be funded solely by the middle classes 

Indeed. Appears that this particular election, and it's flurry of said candidates, is shamefully wooing the elite classes.

Even the beloved Move Forward folks are jumping on that bandwagon....in a manner of speaking.

9 hours ago, Xonax said:

This populistic policy of giving free money clearly violates the election rules, so I expect that the Pheu Thai party will be banned before the election!

But this government has been giving money away for years already, just not to the people who really need it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Have been following him on social media for over a year, he has said virtually nothing and stands for nothing either as far as I can tell

I don't care if he has said virtually nothing or stands for nothing, though I would prefer Thaksins daughter for her good looks, if I'm honest, any of the average Thai people with the average Thai IQ would do me fine as the next PM, just as long as there are no soldiers in his/her government in any shape or form.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 1:33 PM, ourmanflint said:

Have been following him on social media for over a year, he has said virtually nothing and stands for nothing either as far as I can tell

He's a big $ property devloper. One guess why he he wants to get into gov't. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, Xonax said:

Does everybody get a real wallet, will it have a nice imprint  'thaksin loves you'.

Oh, dear. A rich businessman becoming the next PM of Thailand. What can go wrong? ????

Of course, Thaksin's daughter might be the PM. In that case, of course, it will be the same thing. A rich businessman as PM. How much say would his daughter have in important matters? 

Not looking good. 

• Thumbs Up 1