Daytime boozers beware! RTP on ALL DAY lookout for Songkran DUI offenders in Bangkok

webfact

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Let's say a few is 3-5 so if you speed through a red light not wearing a helmet through the other 95-97 checkpoints you'll be ok.

I had another thought. Before 12:00 pm I can also do this drunk. Just empty headed idiots running the show. TIT.

100 checkpoints- 10,000 checkpoints wouldn't be enough for reasonable Thailand coverage. 

As long as you don't meet a checkpoint or turn around when you see one, you will be fine - drunk or not.

• Like 1

Is this tactic of multiple checkpoints intended to stop danger on the highways or simply another way to enrich the police.

Will there be any records kept of who receives citations and fines? Does anyone follow the money?
Will offenders be booked, held and arraigned or will people simply pay a fine by the roadside and continue along on their merry way still intoxicated?  Will there be violation points put on licenses?

Sounds to me like this is just more of the same up to the point where these DUI campaigns simply insult the intelligence of the general public. People need to be reassured that moral, sound law enforcement is in motion and until that happens, Thailand will continue to spin in a treadmill of corruption.

I pray that Thailand can be saved from itself. This is a wonderful country with lovely people in general. Unfortunately, it has allowed itself to slowly sink into a swamp of corruption - over the years, gradually but steadily.

Does this analogy work:

corruption is to Thailand as guns are to America

• Like 1