Songkran - Reports from Pattaya

Danderman123

7 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

You think? My point is that is it not always possible to predict how I might feel after a water assault, so for me at least, I stay out of it. My assault after the water assault could land me in trouble.

I'm not going into an area to play - that's different. I'm trying to undertake normal daily tasks without getting wet. Who likes to turn up at a shopping mall totally soaked? Who appreciates getting their groceries wet? Songkran is fine for people hiding in cars. It's the bane of motorcycles and people on foot (or riding in Songthaew). We're talking about at least a week in Pattaya, not one day of fun.

Sorry to be you man, seen so many young Thai families have fun today enjoying their day. Maybe you should go home to your own country during this time of happiness

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 7

3 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

exactly ! if you dont want to play water nonsense why is it thrown at you... Well remember few years ago i broke up one of those large water guns after a m***n ignored me to leave off . And yes I was ready for the fight if he wanted to try.

You must be so much fun to be around☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

it would be nice to just keep it factual.  where are they playing, are they playing after dark, etc.  then if you want to go, you know where to go, and if you don't, you can avoid it.  

cosy beach area is respecting after dark rules, what about elsewhere?  

5 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I undertand him......Many a time I wish I had a baseball bat to do some real damage to the water throwers..

Agree many of us have got angry sometimes at being wet during Songkran, but I'm sure you don't go about smashing waterguns and looking for a fight.

• Sad 1

I bit the bullet, dressed for going to the beach, and went to LK Metro last night. Except no Bolt taxis were available. So I took a baht bus.

And it was Hell. People were throwing water everywhere on 2nd Road.

I walked down Soi Honey, where ladies were throwing buckets of water in an attempt to drive customers away from their bar.

Soi Boakhow was imposible, water throwers everywhere.  

This was at nine o clock at night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I bit the bullet, dressed for going to the beach, and went to LK Metro last night. Except no Bolt taxis were available. So I took a baht bus.

And it was Hell. People were throwing water everywhere on 2nd Road.

I walked down Soi Honey, where ladies were throwing buckets of water in an attempt to drive customers away from their bar.

Soi Boakhow was imposible, water throwers everywhere.  

This was at nine o clock at night.

It's more fun in Thailand, NOT!

Water is one problem at this bar festival - it doesn't have much to do with Songkran. The other problem is noise. In Tree Town for instance some bars make as much noise as possible. This in a residential area. Nobody cares how many people they annoy. These bars are above the law and can do whatever they want. This city is ruled by bars.

• Thumbs Up 1

I take the opposite approach of dressing beach casual.  Bought a trench coat and duck taped my helmet shield and the ice water is of  little consequence.  A minor inconvenience. 

Not that I would do this myself but a squirt gun filled with piss might be a better option than fighting.  Some of the farangs that get great pleasure out of blasting riders in the face deserve a thorough piss drenching and they wouldn't even notice.  I think most people are just having fun and 10% are the problem.  Many ways to have fun at their expense and at the same time not cause any lasting damage.  Fight back but have fun doing it!

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Water is one problem at this bar festival - it doesn't have much to do with Songkran. The other problem is noise. In Tree Town for instance some bars make as much noise as possible. This in a residential area. Nobody cares how many people they annoy. These bars are above the law and can do whatever they want. This city is ruled by bars.

Try living over the darkside...Tree Town a residential area?.... nonsense.

• Like 1

Wow! I came here to see what fun was being waged in Pattaya. Instead, I find a bunch of haters hating, and the haters of haters hating right back. Ferchrissake, lighten up! I personally hate participating in Songkran, having had my fill years ago, so now I just go hide in my bunker and let the revelers go to town. I honestly hope they're having a great time, and post about it here.

Haters - go away.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2