Sub call due soon but closer ties between Chinese and Thai navies signalled by top-level visit

webfact

1 hour ago, garyk said:

What a mess, I feel for the expats that got sucked in and are stuck there. i have a feeling it is going to be a miserable existence  for many expats in the future.

What sort of mess? A "miserable existence" for expats because LOS is purchasing naval craft from China and not the big bullies? Really?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

What sort of mess? A "miserable existence" for expats because LOS is purchasing naval craft from China and not the big bullies? Really?

Thailand will do nicely siding with China....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, garyk said:

What a mess, I feel for the expats that got sucked in and are stuck there. i have a feeling it is going to be a miserable existence  for many expats in the future.

My plan has always been to stay here in Thailand to about 68-70 then move back to the UK with the family for my old age. I feel for those with no future plan or no way to get back home and will end life in a cheap room as a bad smell 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, garyk said:

I know you left Thailand some time ago, but you have a good point here. What will happen to Western expats in Thailand, especially if a war begins between China and the US/UK/Australia/Japan? Will Thailand go all in with China or try to feign neutrality? Comparative insight might be seen with what the military government in Thailand did in World War II. Here is an interesting article about the Catholic church and how it was used as a part of the war against the West at the time. https://www.jstor.org/stable/23020303

The new vessel should be arriving this week. Apart rom two CGI images I have not seen a live picture of the multi-purpose ship described as a frigate, submarine tender, landing dock etc. The Admiral conirmed its mission is to support the submarine presumably it will tow it around until engines are found. Perhaps the surveillance airship could be moored to the stern and provide early warning o threats such as dolphins using arrays of GT200 detectors.

10 hours ago, garyk said:

What have submarines got to do with expats?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such nonsense. Not as miserable as the existence we would be living if we were still in the US, Canada, Oz, NZ, or Europe. You can have it. We have opted out. Thankfully. Willfully. With glee. 

Hummm, I enjoy Thailand sometime. But I live cheaper in the US with better quality food and housing. Fresh air and good roads. I live across from a Thai family and next door to Philippines and you could not pay them to go back..  Different strokes I guess. All the best.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, garyk said:

Hummm, I enjoy Thailand sometime. But I live cheaper in the US with better quality food and housing. Fresh air and good roads. I live across from a Thai family and next door to Philippines and you could not pay them to go back..

Absolutely, even I don't live in the USA I am 1000% happy I moved back to my country I have everything here (apart from the 2 houses I lost moving to Thailand)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Absolutely, even I don't live in the USA I am 1000% happy I moved back to my country I have everything here (apart from the 2 houses I lost moving to Thailand)

Yea,  all the folks that moved to Thailand and make it out to be the best country in the world. I take with a huge grain of salt. Best to just pass them by.  

11 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Yea,  all the folks that moved to Thailand and make it out to be the best country in the world. I take with a huge grain of salt. Best to just pass them by.  

Been living here for 35 years, I am not going home , If I had stayed in the UK

would most likely died a few years ago , , Thailand has

been very good to me , thanks Thailand. the West you can keep it.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 7:13 AM, spidermike007 said:

Xi
I allow no personal freedom to my people. 

We harvest organs for profit and punishment. 

We oppress our minority populations. 

We barely allow any imports and make it difficult for companies to sell their products in China. 

We ignore territorial boundaries and claim ownership of the South China Sea. 

We were the only nation to subscribe to a zero covid policy, even if it meant putting millions out of work. 

I have just been appointed PM for life. Or, close to it. 

Impressive, huh? Want to be like us? 

What you're referring to is now called "Xivilization" by Chinese state media.  

The first issue of the Global Times' Xivilization series emphasizes Xi's ideas on the diversity and beauty of different civilizations, as seen from the all-important Global Civilization Initiative he has presented to the world.   https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202304/1289306.shtml

• Haha 1