The meaning of the stamp in my passport

2 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Yes, Poi Pet… As I wrote above - I stayed in Thailand on Covid visas since the end of 2020. I am in Israel right now.

That explains a lot.

With your history or even much less history most folk would have advised against using Poi Pet.

Even more so with your history.

You don't state when you were last in Thailand, however if plan to return, I suggest you obtain a tourist visa. 

Bit unrelated ..someone  asked about what happens when refused entry entering via air.

You don't get to choose where you fly to. 

You fly back to point of departure.

• Like 1

With a tourist visa, you would be fine entering via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai and at certain airports. Even with a visa, entering via either of the Bangkok airports, while you would probably be successful, would involve some risk. You really must avoid visa exempt entries for the time being, certainly through airports. If you absolutely must do a border bounce for a visa exempt entry, the risk is lowest at Mae Sot or Mae Sai, with most Laos crossings the next least likely to result in problems.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, problemfarang said:

im also surprised how come thai side let him go knowing he cannot come back. normally they dont let you leave the country. so this also makes me think he arrived cambodia from antoher place? and yes the stamp says he is denied via land border.  so it means he cannot enter via land border. 

How're they supposed to know or care if he's doing the border bounce, genuine tourist would love to visit Cambodia for a day or two and onwards with their travel and probably aren't on back to back and won't be caught out by this

5 hours ago, digbeth said:

How're they supposed to know or care if he's doing the border bounce, genuine tourist would love to visit Cambodia for a day or two and onwards with their travel and probably aren't on back to back and won't be caught out by this

No. Genuine tourist would do that 1 or 2 times. Not for 100 times. 

4 minutes ago, Father of Godfahter said:

The girls and their families whom I sponsored during my time in Thailand have a much different opinion of my financial capabilities. Some of these individuals have expressed a strong desire for me to return to Thailand. Their sentiments hold much greater weight for me than the opinions of a third-tier immigration clerk let alone those of some anonymous forum user.

34 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Take the hint, they don't want you here.

12 (2) is insufficient funds ... maybe they were just being kind.  Since you state they didn't ask you about.

How was your appearance, your dress ?

Did they suggest you not try land border again without a visa, and were you being argumentative ? ... if so ... oops

Tell us what really happen ????

• Like 2

23 hours ago, problemfarang said:

Wrong

If thai IO knows you will come back and yes they can understand that just take a look at your passport, they dont let you leave the country.

Happened to me with my non-o multi visa. He told me he wont let me go because i will not able to come back. And yes cambodia border

I already said I stand corrected. However, your experience differs from the OP where the IO you dealt told you he wouldn't let you go and we assume you decided not to go whereas the OP was advised he couldn't come back which he chose to ignore and he left anyway.

I may be wrong but in your case, having a Non-O multi-entry, you had an entitlement to stay whereas the OP had maxed out ANY entitlement and the IO could not have detained him as that would have made him overstay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Father of Godfahter said:

Several years on a Covid visa - that's the main reason for my immigration troubles. They used the nonsense about "insufficient funds" as a formal reason, nothing more.

By the way, I was wearing a Brioni suit and a shiny gold Rolex on my wrist. You can imagine the impression I made with my appearance on the residents of the Thai-Cambodian backwater.

OK, so you overstayed your welcome.  Imm simply enforcing their rules, of so many days per year, for those not holding a long term visa; marriage, retirement, work (legally) visa.

Since you have the means, simply get the Elite Visa.  Simple solutions for simple problems.

Having the proper visa works wonders.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JimFlatline said:

I was denied twice at Poi Pet land border (one day after the other) and they never made a note of it either time on my passport.

Yeah you can get lucky, they tend to be lazy and don't really want to do the extensive paperwork.

How did the Cambodians react to this though? Considering that you had to go back to get your exit stamp canceled. Twice. Did they extract any money from you?

40 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

There are no such rules.

I'm behind the times.  Although, if they see you using repetitive re-entry tourist visas, they'll deny you sooner or later.   Realizing you're just skirting a marriage/retirement visa requirements.

7 minutes ago, daejung said:

Hello,

Is Poi Pet border post to be avoided?

Do not use Poi Pet under any circumstances. 

If you have a visa eg METV on ME Non O or reentry permit.  ....Maybe.

Even then avoid. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 4:04 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Got a college degree? Speak decent English? Walk into any school, say you want to teach, and get your 1 year Non-B. Then do a little dancing, sing a few songs, sit through some boring meetings, and be the smiling farang for those photos.

Not so easy for non native English speakers.

59 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not use Poi Pet under any circumstances. 

If you have a visa eg METV on ME Non O or reentry permit.  ....Maybe.

Even then avoid. 

I never do border run but a laotian friend of mine does every month.

Even laotian should avoid it?

What are the problems there?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, daejung said:

I never do border run but a laotian friend of mine does every month.

Even laotian should avoid it?

What are the problems there?

My comments re Poi Pet are directed at Farang crossing at that border. 

@Sherylis familiar with that crossing and perhaps can provide you with advice.