Donald Trump says it's 'great to be home' as he arrives in Aberdeen for first UK visit since 2019

onthedarkside

image.png.3ed974529033e6f443e82211d735ac71.png

Former US president Donald Trump has declared "it's great to be home" as he touched down in Aberdeen ahead of a visit to his nearby golf course.

The 76-year-old arrived at the city's airport at about 11.30am and was met by two pipers, a red carpet and 10-vehicle motorcade. He pumped his fist in trademark fashion as he exited his plane.

Trump has revealed he will be going to the Menie estate site near the city to open a "spectacular" second course.

https://news.sky.com/story/great-to-be-home-donald-trump-arrives-in-aberdeen-for-first-visit-to-uk-since-2019-12870756

image.png.8033fc895fa83122f8818dec54a3285d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what a doofus Trump is.

but Turnberry is nice, great links. played it when I toured Scotland in 1988. St Andrews, Carnoustie, Gleneagles ... today that would be mission impossible.

it's 'great to be home'

I imagine a Scotsman responding with "does this look like New York to you, Donnie?"

Arriving in a country and giving the fascist fist salute, a good way to endear yourself with the locals.

• Thumbs Up 2

When will trumpers ever tire of all that winning from the big loser?

Please stay in europe donnie...maybe there are some new rubes there that will buy all your grift and give you some $$ ...oh wait i forgot you are really really really rich so don't need anyone's money.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You implied both Trump's parents were foreign born.

I originally wrote:

"I don't have much time for Trump the politician but his family ties to Europe (Germany and Scotland) are a lot stronger than Biden's (2nd generation vs. 4th/5th)."

I may have got the actual generations wrong but Biden's ancestors migrated to the US before Trump's. That is a fact and that is my point.

They were not.

I don't agree that Trump's grandfather's misbehavior is irrelevant. 

When he goes to Germany and claims some kind of kinship the German's know that when his grandfather tried to return there, they kicked him out!

Completely irrelevant to whether Donald Trump feels any kinship with Germany.

The context of Trump being by far the most disgraced American president in history (and also a corrupt draft dodger and proven tax cheat) is also relevant. 

That is opinion. Even if it is correct, how on earth has that anything to do with his family tree?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not exactly. 

Trump's father was born in the U.S.  His mother wasn't. 

His German grandfather also left less than honorably (to avoid taxes and the army which brings some context to chronic tax grifter and "Bone Spurs" Donald).

It's not surprising people think as you do. Trump himself has lied about where his father was born (on brand). 

did Granpa avoid the Kaiser's army or Hitler's.  Either way, a wise decision...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

No, it is true that Trump was a draft dodger. As were many young men of his generation. Including the current occupant of the White House.  Trump got one deferment for medical and 4 for being a student.  Biden one for medical and 5 for being a student.   

So Biden wins even in draft-dodging?

• Haha 2