Naked Brit smashes beer bottle over elderly Australian tourist’s head in Pattaya

webfact

On 5/3/2023 at 12:17 PM, JimTripper said:

Crude comments so far. This was a serious battery, not a joke.

Totally agree. It's when these very serious crimes happen that you can identify those who are shameful and shameless members of the human race. 

7 hours ago, Thomas KH said:

Totally agree. It's when these very serious crimes happen that you can identify those who are shameful and shameless members of the human race. 

It also reflects badly on the rest of us. When I first got here in 91 somebody said to me that the English were the most polite of all the foreigners. A while back I had the same conversation with a guest house owner and she she told me the Japanese were the best, followed by the Thais. The English didn't get a mention.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

A while back I had the same conversation with a guest house owner and she she told me the Japanese were the best, followed by the Thais. The English didn't get a mention.

Was she Thai, :cheesy:.

20 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

It also reflects badly on the rest of us. When I first got here in 91 somebody said to me that the English were the most polite of all the foreigners. A while back I had the same conversation with a guest house owner and she she told me the Japanese were the best, followed by the Thais. The English didn't get a mention.

Things have changed..... English used to be mostly well mannered, history now...I agree that Japanese are well mannered and behaved, visit Japan to see that. I always theorized one needed to see how a nation drove to get an idea how considerate and well mannered they are.... Thai doesn't do too well by that marker. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Things have changed..... English used to be mostly well mannered, history now...I agree that Japanese are well mannered and behaved, visit Japan to see that. I always theorized one needed to see how a nation drove to get an idea how considerate and well mannered they are.... Thai doesn't do too well by that marker. 

By that yardstick Russia must be one place not to rentacar! 

• Confused 1

On 5/9/2023 at 6:01 AM, jacko45k said:

see how a nation drove to get an idea how considerate and well mannered they are.... Thai doesn't do too well

You're not kidding. I keep wanting to bring that up here but feel like I'll just get shouted down by 'the experts'. I cycle everywhere and people either crawl along creepily right up behind me or they're turning left straight after overtaking me right in front of me or they pull out into a main road as if they've only just passed their driving test. So many drivers go so slowly that I overtake them, then they immediately want to overtake me after they've forced me into the middle of the road. I've cycled all over the country but Pattaya was by far the worst. Even Bangkok was easier than that.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, SenorTashi said:

I've cycled all over the country but Pattaya was by far the worst. Even Bangkok was easier than that.

Well, I must admit that surprises me somewhat. The prospect of ever driving in Bangkok is not something I would relish, and to be honest, it always appears to be at weekends or holidays, and Bangkok plated vehicles, making driving dangerous in the Pattaya area. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

that surprises me somewhat.

On a bike in Bangkok, I can keep moving when other people can't so I'm often the only person going anywhere. And because I'm out in front, I get to choose the smoothest path. But in Pattaya, the roads are so rough with potholes and metal grids everywhere and everyone's in a mad hurry and I'm guessing a lot of them have had a drink too so lots of people cut me up very dangerously. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 12:01 AM, jacko45k said:

Things have changed..... English used to be mostly well mannered, history now...

I always theorized one needed to see how a nation drove to get an idea how considerate and well mannered they are....

Your theory about driving standards seems to negate your apparent perception of Brits...

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Your theory about driving standards seems to negate your apparent perception of Brits...

I haven't driven there for a few years now.... but last trip driving standards had deteriorated. Not as bad as here yet I expect... had that demonstrated to me a couple of times on my way into town today!

• 11 months later...
On 5/3/2023 at 11:40 AM, JustAnotherHun said:

So true! Reefer madness! Hemp-addicts are aggressive, Ganja drives them crazy, they die young and they hit others while naked with beer bottles.

Beware!

Heaven help!

He didnt glass the old guy with a bong.