How often aircon filter need changing?

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The headline said, 'How often aircon filter need changing?' Who would bother to have a look at the fiddly little forum title when the subject is so obviously aircon?

Not many as the responses clearly demonstrated. Like I said: clarity would have helped.

As said its in Thai motors forum

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK Mitsu don't make aircons called Triton.

And just how many people know that?

You've been on this forum longer than I have. So you must know by now that many posters will just read the headline and jump to their own conclusion. It happens all the time doesn't it.

The headline said 'aircon' so the thread must be about A/C. A very logical conclusion in my opinion.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

AFAIK Mitsu don't make aircons called Triton.

You've been on this forum longer than I have. So you must know by now that many posters will just read the headline and jump to their own conclusion. It happens all the time doesn't it.

The headline said 'aircon' so the thread must be about A/C. A very logical conclusion in my opinion.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Moonlover said:

I think you are the one making the mistake....????

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Probably (nearly) everyone that reads the Motoring Forum.

Edited by giddyup
  • Haha 2

I always sit with my car when it's serviced. They show me all the things like filters if they are dirty I just tell them to replace them never have them cleaned. The last A/C filter I had replaced at 5k KM because in my estimation it was passed it's sell by date. Cost is around 400 BHT so why not, it lets the A/C work at full power without having to turn it up fan wise. And yes before anyone asks I do still have a full service at 5k KM and not the 10k recommended.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The headline said, 'How often aircon filter need changing?' Who would bother to have a look at the fiddly little forum title when the subject is so obviously aircon?

Not many as the responses clearly demonstrated. Like I said: clarity would have helped.

The OP was perfectly clear. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Cost is around 400 BHT so why not, it lets the A/C work at full power without having to turn it up fan wise. And yes before anyone asks I do still have a full service at 5k KM and not the 10k recommended.  

Some don't like throwing money away on unnecessary things. 

400 baht for a filter sounds like you are being ripped off.

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Some don't like throwing money away on unnecessary things. 

400 baht for a filter sounds like you are being ripped off.

Cabin air-con filter Izusu 450.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I always sit with my car when it's serviced. They show me all the things like filters if they are dirty I just tell them to replace them never have them cleaned. The last A/C filter I had replaced at 5k KM because in my estimation it was passed it's sell by date. Cost is around 400 BHT so why not, it lets the A/C work at full power without having to turn it up fan wise. And yes before anyone asks I do still have a full service at 5k KM and not the 10k recommended.  

Yes airfilters are something that you don't really notice because they clog slowly.

When mine was changed notice the air-con was blowing much colder straight away.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The OP was perfectly clear. 

At least 4 posters gave advice on how to service his domestic A/C, so clearly it wasn't!

Edited by Moonlover
  • Haha 1