Senate panel to study Move Forward party’s PM candidate

snoop1130

7 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I wonder if they're going to negotiate.  Leave the monarchy alone and we'll let you be PM?

Yes, that is what will happen, the establishment isn't stupid, ever wary of privilege and its power in the background it will give an inch here and there but never the full yard.

• Like 2

I don’t think it matters what the Senators do, as they’ll get him on the shares. It happened before with the founder of MF. If it happens again then Pita, and the party, can only be described as incredibly naïve and very, very foolish. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A senate committee set up a working panel on Thursday to study controversial issues related to Move Forward’s leader and potential prime minister Pita Limjaroenrat, including his anti-establishment position.

Of course ... everybody knew already that the " witch hunt " would start directly after Pita won ...

A thai person that I know said , : " there will be fighting in the streets of Bangkok again ."

People tend to forget that there is only a pseudo democracy in Thailand ... In reality it is a ' disguised autocracy ' .

The final outcome of this is unclear by now , I hope we will not get a second Burma here ...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Senate committee on political development and public participation will complete its work in one month and submit the results to the Election Commission (EC),

Why will it take a month?  We already know what they will decide.  Why has the Senate still in office after their masters have been voted out?  As soldiers they should fall on their swords; their heavy medals should aid in this.

I wonder how much "studying" was done when these Senators were "chosen" by Prayuth et al?

IMO, all active duty and retired military & police persons who are Senators should abstain. Any with business affiliations which be construed as having a conflict of interest should also abstain. Of course that might leave ~ fifty-ish 'qualified' Senators. OK, bad idea as MF might not get to 376.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mark131v said:

And so it begins. They will muddy the water then pass over any dirt they can find manipulate or produce to that shining beacon of democracy and impartiality the Election Commission

I can see few positives here other than the fact many of the establishment are utter cowards and the thought of themselves dangling from a lamppost might rein in their zeal, self preservation will do that!

Rats, cowards and scoundrels the lot of em...

Cant see anything positive or sensible coming out of comments like this.

11 hours ago, mark131v said:

I really, really think you are wrong. All the parties against the last junta are much stronger together and I don't think joining hands with Anutin and co is at likely at this time. Come to think of it I don't think it's possible to hold hands with a snake...

PT stated before the election that they were prepared to align with anyone to get power. Specifically they mentioned Anutin's gang.

12 hours ago, Denim said:

From what I have heard from MF, there is no plan to completely scrap all the existing LM laws. What they want is to moderate them so that they can not be used as a political weapon or to put people behind bars with draconian sentences.

In a similar vein it would be very beneficial to give the defamation law an overhaul so that the guilty are stripped of its protection.

Totaly agree,  why do they need to change the 112 law leave as is, but bring in new law, that is if convicted of 112 law get 2 days jail max or auto pardon,  therefore not changing 112 law just making a mockery of it