China and Thailand plan joint military cooperation to maintain regional stability

webfact

28 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I don't want to appear naive, but shouldn't the new government be part of the decision making process for this?

What new government? Is there now a government without soldiers? Or am I missing something?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

With friends like China, who needs enemies?

The original was "With friends like the USA..................................................." as was coined during WW2.  My father served alongside yanks during that war and he would often give me the same warning when I was a child.  Try to be original if you are going to invent stuff!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:08 PM, apetryxx said:

Oh oh. The proverbial camel’s nose is under the tent. Nothing ever comes good from Xi and his fellow autocrats. I said long ago that the high speed rail was just a faster way for the Chinese communists to get their troops and tanks to Thailand. The wolves are at the door. 

Oh yes the "Domino Theory" bwahahahahaha!  We know how well that bull<deleted> spread!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, NoshowJones said:

I would not bow to old Charlie with all his medals, bling and funny hats. So why would I bow to any emperor?

I wonder if ole Charlie still talks to the plants.. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Some oars for the submarine and a red octopus for lunch the tentacles of Xi will surround you ????

Submarines?  Well its a shame Afghanistan is landlocked otherwise Thailand could have picked up some US submarines and other weapons cheap and in good condition as "thrown away on the run" only once! lol!

Edited by ThaiFelix

45 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

Do you naively think that the Chinese don't already know everything about the F-35?

you mean its 36% combat readiness rate and extreme nosebleed price point for non functional stealth? 

Ya they know

the US used to make great planes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I doubt China will invade Taiwan. It doesn’t need to. Taiwan will reunify peacefully with China eventually, something that the US does not want to see happen.

Taiwan is building a huge chip plant in the US. It's just a waiting game after it's completed. US is re-shoring   at break levels.  It is a site to see as the plants are building out. I have never seen anything like this before. Unemployment is basically non existent. Mexico is the big winner here. The Mexican Peso has gained strength against the dollar. If this keeps up the US won't care what happens in the east. 

Edited by Gknrd
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, JoePai said:

And that boys and girls is why the US will not sell the F-35 to Thailand 

Uncle Tu is getting pretty cozy this Zi...wasn't there a USN just a carrier group visiting here recently? interesting 

5 hours ago, happysoul said:

US and Thailand had joint military training lately, no ? And the saying goes "my friend is your friend". So could we conclude that US and China are now friends thanks to Thailand ?

I thing I'm missing something here ????

Seems like a sensible policy. Play one side off against the other and keep some leverage over both. Why should Thailand be forced to align itself with one side or the other? It should do what is in its own best interests.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, 2baht said:

Bow to the Emperor! (Xi) :jap:

Claim the South China Sea ... "in a bid to maintain stability in the region". Dictate to Hong Hong, "in a bid to maintain stability in the region". See stability and peace. None of this democracy instability ... far too messy. Thomas Hobbes ... as long as the government provides social stability and peace the citizens have no right to institute new government (see it is not just the PRC that has this philosophy). Now contrast with John Locke's outlook ...

'China expressed its readiness to enhance military cooperation with Thailand in a bid to maintain stability in the region'.

In other words impose its own interpretation of military stability in the region! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, findlay13 said:

Playing one off against the other.They've done it for years.I hope it doesn't backfire.

The Thais expect that they can play one off against the other, but I think they will find China can make them make a choice, and the US can't.