Immigration Bureau Chief says he’s preparing for a possible return of Thaksin who faces arrest

webfact

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But:

- Is 'negotiation' available to a convicted and sentenced to jail person? He did have the option of challening his convictions but didn't exercise that right.

- If the answer is YES then surely 'negotuation' should be available to any convicted persons?

- If the above is true then this makes the proper well established proces of the law a sham, and not acceptable. 

Nothing new about it.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder if his daughter really wants to be PM, and be a servant of her father?

Maybe she is happy that she wasn't elected. Maybe soon she can live a quiet life away from dirty politics. 

She should talk to Yingluck and see how that went...leaving in the middle of the night ...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I don't understand why he is so intent to return... his grandchildren can go visit him at any time they want.

Cos Thailand is a world class retirement destination ????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, khunpeer said:

it's just a bs reason, he wants to stir up politics here, because only his daughter won't be enough, her father needs to coach her!

but when in prison there won't be much coaching...

If he spends more than a token hour in prison I'll eat my shirt...Limos will be waiting on the tarmac

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrMojoRisin said:

What a load of garbage.

Despite a ferocious state sponsored two decade smear campaign the man is still idolised by tens of millions. The fact is, by Thai standards, Thaksin is a rather law abiding citizen who did vastly more good than harm. 

Yes very much so - and thanks! As a country bumpkin, I lived in Lanna during the tenures of both Thaksin and Yingluk's governments. May I suggest the garbage is coming from "southerners" who have never lived in the North or during the two Governments I have mentioned. The Shinawatras brought prosperity, investment, agricultural modernisation, infrastructure improvements and telecommunication modernisation to the North and I thank them for this. This is why they are idolised by so many millions of Thais (and some farangs) to this day. Public money was shifted for investment in the North and not Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc. etc.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes very much so - and thanks! As a country bumpkin, I lived in Lanna during the tenures of both Thaksin and Yingluk's governments. May I suggest the garbage is coming from "southerners" who have never lived in the North or during the two Governments I have mentioned. The Shinawatras brought prosperity, investment, agricultural modernisation, infrastructure improvements and telecommunication modernisation to the North and I thank them for this. This is why they are idolised by so many millions of Thais (and some farangs) to this day. Public money was shifted for investment in the North and not Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc. etc.

The garbage is not so much from southerners than from people who are too cowardly to own their own political views and opinions. These cowards try and justify their horrible, immoral and inhumane nonsense by pretending that Thaksin is just so evil that they are forced to have these horrible beliefs. These cowards care not for the truth, facts or reality, only that they can continue to spew their bile unabated (it’s all very similar to the way Trump has enabled white supremest to enter the public sphere with their despicable racism). The cowards are deserving of only our pity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 3:29 AM, jaideedave said:

If he spends more than a token hour in prison I'll eat my shirt...Limos will be waiting on the tarmac

He won't see any time. 

A hefty fine, perhaps.....if it comes to that. 

It appears that a back room deal has been agreed upon.

So it is.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 9:16 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe he should propose a deal: He returns all the billions and he will be allowed to live somewhere in a village in Isan together with his family - working on a rice farm.

That could be interesting.

Thai-rice-farmers-400x276.jpg

I'd watch that show..  call it Woodsome Crest

• Haha 2

On 6/16/2023 at 1:17 AM, Burma Bill said:

an ex of mine was an issan gal...when i asked her why she liked taksin so much she said he paved the dirt road to her village while all the others only promised to do it before elections  but never did....i suspect that story has been repeated many times during taksins days...oh  my buddha how dare him spread some of the $$ around the country rather than concentrate even more to the Bangkok elites.

• Thumbs Up 1

Immigration Bureau Chief says he’s preparing for a possible return of Thaksin who faces arrest.

How much preparation does sending a police car to the airport with a couple of officers take. 

It must be so much to organize ....  :cheesy:

I would love to see this motor-mouth shackles and scrubs. 

He was never for the poor, he just was the first to realise his baht went a lot further by bribing them directly, via healthcare etc. instead of the usual village standover men. 

True, there was enormous good from that, but he is still a toady, even though the elites were too stupid to love him back, now they're really up the creek as a result! 

But like most leaders here he has innocent blood on his hands too.  

Most of all his arrogance that he's too big to collar. 

• Love It 1

On 6/16/2023 at 10:09 AM, Neeranam said:

Rather funny as it was Toxin who raised visas from 500 to 1900 baht. 

Was also his initiative that propelled the machiavellian non-O variety [marriage/retirement/family] visas - which most resent, for good reasons.