1000 Island Dressing on a Pizza????

sqwakvfr

14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I can just about cope with pineapple on pizza, but Thousand Island? ????????

I thought it was only on the seafood pizzas (which I don't like anyway) but I will observe carefully when ordering.

EDIT It's the Spicy Grilled Chicken that has Thousand Island, I also note that the Cheese and Bacon has the potential abomination of Sour Cream sauce ????  

Thanks. I should have stayed with Pepperoni. I actually switched to the Spicy chicken and got the unpleasant surprise.  

1 hour ago, champers said:

Nothing wrong with adjusting a dish to suit local tastes. It happens all over the world. Sausage and/or cheese loaded crusts are another adjustment by the same company.

Don't like, don't order.

I did not know that 1000 Island dressing was the sauxce on this pizza.  Obviously I won't be ordering from Pizza Company again.  

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

When I was in quarantine in a Thai provincial hospital, their idea of mayonnaise on a ham and salad roll was strawberry jam.

I tried Pizza Hut - once. The cheese they use is revolting tasteless goo.

They put mayonnaise on a pizza I ordered in Nong Khai, never returned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Nothing wrong with adjusting a dish to suit local tastes. It happens all over the world. Sausage and/or cheese loaded crusts are another adjustment by the same company.

Don't like, don't order.

I occasionally make my own pizzas, and they are varied, and one I do like occasionally is a tandoori chicken pizza, complete with onions, a little sliced banana and some sweet mango chutney – – to die for?

I first tasted them in a pizza restaurant in Auckland and decided to recreate my own when I came here.

Lovely jubbly!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Yeah, it's a disgusting dressing. I made a mental note of remembering it so that I can avoid it like the plague in the future, be it at Pizza Company or at Pizza Hut.

If you choose Pizza Hut or Pizza Company for ordering your pizza then you should not be surprized. For sure you may as well order Pineapple Pizza there. Did they not include some portions of ketchup in the delivery as they do at KFC ?

On the other hand, 1000 Island Dressing is a phantastic dressing, just not suited for everything, not even for all kinds of salads. It is actually my favourite. With mozarella, tomatoes and basilikum it would rather be a Balsamico / Olive Oil dressing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I did not know that 1000 Island dressing was the sauxce on this pizza.  Obviously I won't be ordering from Pizza Company again.  

You could try something amazingly devious.

When you order, ask them to use regular pizza sauce instead of 1000 island.

• Like 1

The missus would always want to buy Pizza co. when they did "buy one - get one" for a month, now they do "2 fer" every Thursday.

I don't mind Pizza co. once a year, but its more like a savory sponge cake.

• Haha 1

Thais don’t do “sauces” well on foreign food. It’s either the wrong kind or too much, never just right.

I guess I can’t blame them, it’s hard to make something when you don’t know how it’s supposed to taste ????????‍♂️.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

When I was in quarantine in a Thai provincial hospital, their idea of mayonnaise on a ham and salad roll was strawberry jam.

I tried Pizza Hut - once. The cheese they use is revolting tasteless goo.

And way way too much mayonnaise.

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Thais don’t do “sauces” well on foreign food. It’s either the wrong kind or too much, never just right.

I guess I can’t blame them, it’s hard to make something when you don’t know how it’s supposed to taste ????????‍♂️.

Several times I've been to a famous multilevel Pizza restaurant (from memory 4 levels) with my uni students in Ho Chi Minh City, VN.

All pizza bases are thin and crispy, not over/under cooked, and every pizza has the same medium spicy traditional pizza sauce. Or can order very spicy.

Always lots of local nice mix of pizza cheeses, and can order specific / extra cheese.

Each level has a specific theme. One level is fruit; one fruit alone: banana, pineapple, orange, apple, strawberry... Or mixed fruits to order. And mango and sticky rice, coconut milk and peanuts.

Very delicious and I'll be happy to go again.

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And way way too much mayonnaise.

yes .....   if it's that cheap bagged Thai mayonnaise it's foul .... I bought a jar once and spruced it up with vinegar, pepper, lime juice and soy sauce ... that's the only way you could have it on a salad or a compliment dip for chicken or sausage.  I've been out with Thais and when the pizzas come they grab a slice and first thing is to smother it in Tomato sauce ( ketchup )     tells you what they think about pizza taste ...      they're crazy

My daughter ordered 2 pizzas  tonight , was not really hungry ,so just had one piece,

more than enough ,it had 1000 Island instead of tomato , and not a nice 1000 island,

might bring it up later.......

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, champers said:

Don't like, don't order.

'adjusting a dish to suit local tastes''''

ususally means making it not taste as good as it did when many people thought it was good and they would like to eat it in the country they are now.

Foreign brand lagers sold in other countries...any of them as good?