Dozy deputy: Prawit, once again, caught napping on the job in Parliament

webfact

1 minute ago, realfunster said:

I'm not really sure why politics is not widely subject to old age restrictions or mandatory retirement like many other aspects of private or public sector life.

Aside from "refreshing" the political talent pool, it's hardly controversial to suggest that as we get older our physical and potentially mental capacities start to wane. Hardly suitable for an important role and especially the very top jobs which even those in their 40s/50s would find exhausting. I'm sure there are many 'consulting/advisor' roles available within the wider political machinery should the experience be wanted or needed. 

it would be massive undemocratic....and someone get funny with 50, while others are mentally fully fit with 95. You would need to do a test.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

“Uncle Pom,” has been caught nodding off at work.

It can happen to anyone. At least he stayed in his seat.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling video removed.
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I'm sure there are many 'consulting/advisor' roles available within the wider political machinery should the experience be wanted or needed.

Like being a senator perhaps ????

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

For all we know and giving his age, he can be suffering from Narcolepsy that is a sleep disorder that makes people very drowsy during the day.

He's got a number of ailments, although details are scant. He makes visits to the U.S. and the U.K. for treatments (public news) but very little is said about those ailments. I remember hearing about "angioplasty" and "stents", but that was years ago.

The public would probably be more accommodating if details were released, but I understand the need for privacy too. He was rumored to be quite the "bachelor" in his day.

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

He's got a number of ailments, although details are scant. He makes visits to the U.S. and the U.K. for treatments (public news) but very little is said about those ailments. I remember hearing about "angioplasty" and "stents", but that was years ago.

The public would probably be more accommodating if details were released, but I understand the need for privacy too. He was rumored to be quite the "bachelor" in his day.

At whose expense does he travel?  I remember some new plane being bought under Prayut and Prawit seemed to commandeer this plane as his own. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

For all we know and giving his age, he can be suffering from Narcolepsy that is a sleep disorder that makes people very drowsy during the day.

The CIA just recently guesstimated Kim Jong Il is about 160KG and likely has sleep apnea. 

I don't think they are worried enough about the sleeping watchman to care about his health at all. 

It's always fun to see him totter over, maybe one day they'll fail to steady him and then som nam na!  No sympathy for him or his poorly hidden malarkey.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The 77 year old politician has always defended himself against the accusations saying he was only “resting his eyes,” just like Sleeping Beauty.

Out to pasture for him... long past his best.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

I'm not really sure why politics is not widely subject to old age restrictions or mandatory retirement like many other aspects of private or public sector life.

It's because the politicians make the rules maybe? 

• Like 1