Thai Police Prepare for PM Election Day Protests

webfact

32 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Whats it called if police take over as compared to a military coup?  Still a coup by police? 

The police will hopefully act in Thai  people's best interest.

This is a joke, yes?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

Why ? 

pita was voted by the people ? as long as pita becomes PM there is no issue at all.....

Zero....unless the good officer knows something we don't.

No Pita was not voted by the people as Thailand votes for parties.

MF was the strongest party with 38% of the votes which is 28% of the possible voters. 28% is not "the people" as 72% did not MF.

Any government that has more than 50% of the MPs is democratic and there are many different options, as PT is almost as strong as MF.

• Sad 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Whats it called if police take over as compared to a military coup?  Still a coup by police? 

The police will hopefully act in Thai  people's best interest.

yes a coup does not necessarily mean by the military....every armed group could make a coup.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Just imagine if they let democracy take it course, no riots, no global headlines, no taking Thailand to the brink of a civil war and possibly, a full-blown revolution.

Well, if they can't share their bed of roses, then one day soon, they can expect to wake up on a bed of nails. ????????‍♂️????????????

democracy would be for example PTP+BJ+Dems+the small parties....>50% all good

• Sad 4

I think people should probably stay home Friday I think BTS is going to be a mess. Chidlom siam national will be closed along with traffic around mbk and chidlom area.  Victory could also be sketchy remember this is the rubber duck crew not the old folks.

Hope they put anutin or prawit as pm.with minority government.

Think though that Mr t has probably greased the skids

Edited by kingstonkid

7 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Just imagine if they let democracy take it course, no riots, no global headlines, no taking Thailand to the brink of a civil war and possibly, a full-blown revolution.

Well, if they can't share their bed of roses, then one day soon, they can expect to wake up on a bed of nails. ????????‍♂️????????????

Philosophically I agree but ... not in accord with those who support the Peoples Republic of China government model.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Hope they put anutin or prawit as pm.with minority government

If Anutin takes over, which he won't, then our days are numbered here. We know what he thinks of dirty, smelly foreigners. He's made his feelings known many times.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Yet again, must we point out.

The results of the election were known within hours of the polls closing.

A working coalition was established within days of the results being known.

Delays are being continuously initiated in an attempt to undermine that coalition, which was the result of the electorates expressed opinion.

Your use of manipulated statistics to post in support the blocking of the government which the people selected is a disgrace, coming from one who chooses to portray himself as a champion of democracy.

You are little more than a schill for the Fascists!

I don't know what you talk about.

There were no delays...what delays? The EC was way faster than they could be. They have 60 days. They quickly confirmed everyone. Than immediately they met and selected the speaker.

No the people did not select a government. There was no government on the ballot. There were parties.

Non of the parties could win a majority of the MPs (more than half) so they negotiate a coaliton.

With the MPF having 151 and PTP having 141 votes and a majority is >250 there are several different coalition governments possible.

Fascists.....google the word....no Fascists here....you can vote them in Italy.

Let me guess.  If Pita isn't given the PM position, then it's then an new "Color Revolution!"  'Eh? 
Ok.  I've seen two of those and a coup since I move here.  ????
My guess?  Historically speaking, it will have no effect on anyone out here in the Thai boondocks.  This will be a strictly Big City (BKK) affair.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Royal Thai Police have ordered preparations for the care and security of the Parliament building during the upcoming PM election day

To prevent actions by the pro - military, pro - establishment and anti-democratic yellow shirts against Pita??

• Like 2