Transgender woman is crowned Miss Netherlands for the first time in the beauty pageant's history and will now compete for the Miss Universe crown

4 hours ago, proton said:

Laughter not hate, what else could a MAN winning a contest for WOMEN result in.

Cisgender men were not allowed to compete.

Transgender women were.

The winner doesn't deserve the abuse she is getting.

If you want to complain, contact the owner of the pageant who set the RULES. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Transgender women were.

How is the winner being abused? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm not kidding, and you cannot answer, so you dodge the question. 

You've claimed the winner is being abused, yet you are unable to support the claim. 

Again, how is the winner being abused? 

The winner abused himself by taking part in a woman's competition!

PS;  I nearly said "he abused himself while taking part" but realized that would come out all wrong!

Edited by scottiejohn

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

The winner abused himself by taking part in a woman's competition!

PS;  I nearly said "he abused himself while taking part" but realized that would come out all wrong!

She did no such thing.

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

He entered the women's only competition!

That is an abuse!

She entered a competition open to transgender woman. She's a transgender woman. Your complaint if you insist should be with the pageant owner, not her!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

She entered a competition open to transgender woman. She's a transgender woman. Your complaint if you insist should be with the pageant owner, not her!

The competition headline says "Miss Netherlands" .

It does not say "Transgender Netherlands"!

17 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The competition headline says "Miss Netherlands" .

It does not say "Transgender Netherlands"!

It does. So what? Again, the pageant allowed transgender women to enter and that's what the winner did. She entered. She won. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again, the pageant allowed transgender women to enter

And I say that only women, not them, they, it, or XYZ's etc should take part in any competition advertised as being for women!

They should all stay in their closets or at least keep quiet when they are out and about demeaning both themselves and whatever letter they think they are representing!

42 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And I say that only women, not them, they, it, or XYZ's etc should take part in any competition advertised as being for women!

They should all stay in their closets or at least keep quiet when they are out and about demeaning both themselves and whatever letter they think they are representing!

Contact the pageant owner then. I'm sure she'll appreciate your narrow minded anti trans dogma as she's a trans woman herself.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Not sure where to start with this. They should stay in their closets? Perhaps people with such views should stay in their caves?

Her situation is very different from a t woman competing in women's sport, where the cis gendered would potentially be at a disadvantage. That is wrong. For a t woman to win a beauty contest against cis gendered women means she overcame tremendous obstacles, including, I'm sure, masses of obnoxious comments from many such as you.

She was born biologically male. There can be no argument with that. Since then, she's gone through more pain and overcome more hurdles than most of us could ever imagine. She entered a competition that she was entitled to enter, and won it based on the views of those voting. She is entitled to be called "she". Fully entitled.

That you wont accept it doesn't change anything. What have you overcome in your life to achieve anything like her success?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woof999 said:

Not sure where to start with this. They should stay in their closets? Perhaps people with such views should stay in their caves?

Her situation is very different from a t woman competing in women's sport, where the cis gendered would potentially be at a disadvantage. That is wrong. For a t woman to win a beauty contest against cis gendered women means she overcame tremendous obstacles, including, I'm sure, masses of obnoxious comments from many such as you.

She was born biologically male. There can be no argument with that. Since then, she's gone through more pain and overcome more hurdles than most of us could ever imagine. She entered a competition that she was entitled to enter, and won it based on the views of those voting. She is entitled to be called "she". Fully entitled.

That you wont accept it doesn't change anything. What have you overcome in your life to achieve anything like her success?

I agree with the sentiments but I am not sure that this person is 'entitled' to be called she. It is up to each individual to decide, but it is polite not to offend, and when it does not affect your life. But if someone doesn't want to call the person a she they are not doing something wrong I think. I am not keen on the term cis gender. It suggests it is a known fact that gender is fluid and independent of genitalia and chromosomes in the way that some accept it is but may not be. But it might be. I really think it comes down to both sides accepting that they are not sure if this is a scientific thing or not and as much as possible live and let live. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Transgender women were.

Men are men, biology makes no distinction, transgenders are still males, cisgender is an offensive slur. He is not getting any abuse, he is getting criticism  because he entered a competition for woman, when he's not one. The rules are offensive to women, no uterus no entry should be the rule.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It does. So what? Again, the pageant allowed transgender women to enter and that's what the winner did. She entered. She won. 

HE entered a woke competition and HE won dressed up and posing as a female, laughable. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Contact the pageant owner then. I'm sure she'll appreciate your narrow minded anti trans dogma as she's a trans woman herself.

He's a man as well, that's why it was fixed for another man to win. Step backwards for real woman's rights.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

The rules are offensive to women, no uterus no entry should be the rule.

Does that mean that once a woman undergoes a hysterectomy she is no longer a woman?

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I agree with the sentiments but I am not sure that this person is 'entitled' to be called she.

Understood. What I meant was, she looks female. I would think that most people, not knowing anything about her other than what they assume on that first impression, would guess she was a she and so call her the same.

HE entered a woke competition

Woke eh. The term of the decade. So overused.

The rules are offensive to women

Isn't that for women to decide? Are you a woman?

• Love It 1