EC sends Pita shareholding case to Charter Court

webfact

Of Thailand wants to become a country more than it is... then it should act according... in a democratic and ethical way. 

At the moments it's bullies and thugs once again. Jealously is Thailands one strong point. Oh dear... 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I presume your more than happy as things have been with the outgoing PM who will now cling to power  if you gave a good enough reason why you don’t want to see Pita as PM rather than just saying you don’t want to see Pita as PM you might have an argument but you fail to give a reason why I for one was looking forward to seeing a progressive party coming into power rather watching the old guard stuck in there old ways controlling the people .

The outgoing PM will not be clinging onto power.

If Pita cannot be PM then there is no reason why another candidate from the coalition can be put forward.

The issues I see now is that whoever nominates Pita risks their own party dissolution if Pita is found guilty.

The real question is following the previous FF party issues. How did MF allow this to arise without taking mitigating measures. Appears somewhat naive , incompetent in the circumstances to only nominate 1 PM candidate. 

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I missed something being away, but  I thought the accusation of share holding had been refused ? Surly lawyers were on this ? Democracy once again in danger. 
New attack probably instigated by Prawit .

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, catch104 said:

Oh yes, that's correct. Thailand and France have already many things in common, country size, population size, renowed cuisine, popular tourist destination....

and now 14th of July too...maybe....You don't know the history??

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Yet, as has been said many times before, this entire situation need never have happened. Pita put his own head in the noose. He should have disposed/distanced himself from the "media shares" as soon as he entered politics. To still be holding something that could be manipulated against him was simply foolish.

I think he had the sense to get his legal team to examine his assets etc prior to registering and would have judged that particular share ownership to be inconsequential. It will all come down to interpretation of the constitutional wording. 

(1/2) BREAKING: The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition to rule whether Move Forward Party & leader Pita Limjaroenrat are attempting to overthrow the democratic system with HM the King as the Head of State by pledging to amend the lese majeste law.

(2/2) The court has ordered the accused to clarify the matter within 15 days. If found guilty, the party could be dissolved and Pita banned from politics.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1679058742485323779

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#BREAKING: Thai Constitutional Court has ACCEPTED

@EctThailand

to seek ruling on

@Pita_MFP

’s eligibility to run for office despite allegedly knowingly holding media shares despite not allowed to do so. This also means he will be suspended as MP before his PM vote on Thu.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1679056984476385280/photo/1

The Constitution Court could not consider the Election Commission’s request to rule on Move Forward leader’s ITV shareholding case today, according to a high-ranking source at the Court.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/constitution-court-will-not-consider-pita-shareholding-case-on-wednesday/

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Well it keeps the baht low while the circus continues. They are already preparing for mass civil unrest so I think the outcome is already pre decided. 

I stand to be corrected, but I think I remember that in 2010 the Baht actually rose during the street riots. Probably because the world doesn't give a rat's fart about what happens in Thailand, as nothing that happens here in a little SE Asian country has even the slightest effect outside of its borders. Except in 1997, when corruption by the leaders of the BCC, who made massive unsecured loans to their friends, led to the Asian financial crisis.

• Love It 1

26 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I presume your more than happy as things have been with the outgoing PM who will now cling to power  if you gave a good enough reason why you don’t want to see Pita as PM rather than just saying you don’t want to see Pita as PM you might have an argument but you fail to give a reason why I for one was looking forward to seeing a progressive party coming into power rather watching the old guard stuck in there old ways controlling the people .

I don't want to see the outgoing as well....Did you listen to Pitas economic ideas? double minimum salary, money for everyone, warmongering against Myanmar, banning Marijuana, anti China politics, anti Russia....CO2 reduction (higher electric and gas prices)
That is an economic problem that people can't even imagine.

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Cowardly EC just kicks it upstairs. What will the CC say? Will they have the balls to throw it out? Or just do what they're told?

Kick it upstairs. Who appointed the judges in this court (rhetorical question)? If you say their decision is wrong, then perhaps you would be seen as besmirching the person who appointed them.  In other words, it is perhaps seen as a good way of getting a decision that people may be scared to question. Personally I don't think it will work though and in fact could backfire considerably creating even more disdain for.......  

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

(1/2) BREAKING: The Constitutional Court has accepted a petition to rule whether Move Forward Party & leader Pita Limjaroenrat are attempting to overthrow the democratic system with HM the King as the Head of State by pledging to amend the lese majeste law.

(2/2) The court has ordered the accused to clarify the matter within 15 days. If found guilty, the party could be dissolved and Pita banned from politics.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1679058742485323779

thanks for the value information

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

There is no jury in the Thai judiciary system and the judge will decide the outcome.

There is a very, very good reason for that, for which we should be thankful. With Thai logic and the low standard of Thai education and their IQ level, can you imagine some of the verdicts they might come up with. And I write only half in jest.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

Somebody seems to be making a lot of money out of the sudden changes in the currency markets. I wonder who that might be?

WHICH changes?? Nothing has changed yet, Check first before you write such a nonsence.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

#BREAKING: Thai Constitutional Court has ACCEPTED

@EctThailand

to seek ruling on

@Pita_MFP

’s eligibility to run for office despite allegedly knowingly holding media shares despite not allowed to do so. This also means he will be suspended as MP before his PM vote on Thu.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1679056984476385280/photo/1

It doesn't stop him from being PM.

Hasty EC decision to seek Charter Court ruling on Pita’s share case slammed

main-2023-07-12T170711.634.png

Move Forward party secretary-general Chaithawat Tulathon has accused the Election Commission (EC) of acting suspiciously with its hasty decision to ask the Constitutional Court to consider party leader Pita Limjaroenrat’s iTV share-holding case, without giving Pita a chance to defend the case.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1300486-hasty-ec-decision-to-seek-charter-court-ruling-on-pita’s-share-case-slammed/

• Sad 1