Taco Bell opening new location in #Jomtien next week

redwood1

Taco Bell opening new location in #Jomtien next week

Why? The Taco Bell at Royal Garden never seems very busy.....

Taco Bell is not exactly cheap either.....Right next door at Royal Garden you can get the all you can eat Salad Bar at Sizzler for less than a taco meal.....

Sorry I am not a fan.... I want Beef tacos, not chicken tacos like Taco Bell Thailand has.....I have gone there a grand total of one time...

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/20/taco-bell-opening-new-location-in-jomtien-giving-away-one-thousand-free-tacos/

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gee now, if Jomtien gets a McDonalds and Starbucks they will become famous.

Even the TB I know of in Bangkok is not crowded.  Thais I think try it once out of curiosity, but it is too expensive for many people to go regularly. Add, the ingredients here are not generous, mostly sauce and lettuce it seems.

16 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Because it nothing even near what is US Taco Bell. 

I walked into a Taco Bell in the USA once, towards the border of Mexico. But I couldn’t convince myself to order ‘fast food’. Happily there was an actual Mexican cafe nearby where I had a decent Quesadilla. Once I crossed over into Tijuana, a local directed me to a Taco stall popular with the locals. The locals were somewhat surprised to see us there. Some people literally staring from across the road. But the people eating there and the vendors were more than helpful. Tasty, cheap and filling. Could only eat two. Perhaps 15 pesos each. Don’t remember exactly. So didn’t get to try a Taco Bell. 

Edited by NextG

1 hour ago, chrischronic said:

The Thai taco Bells don't have beans. Anyone know why? 

Taco Bell was raked over hot coals on the forums when they first opened about having no beans.....100s and 100s of comments on their facebook page....

And their response was.....complete silence

They obviously have zero intrest in what a westerner may want....Or any Thai that has eaten at a real Taco Bell before may want..

Cooked Beans store in a freezer just fine for ages....And beans are cheap too..

No reason for them to not have at least one or two things with beans..

But they just dont give a rats azz.....

And their chicken they try and get to taste like beef is very far from natural...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

I walked into a Taco Bell in the USA once, towards the border of Mexico. But I couldn’t convince myself to order ‘fast food’.

I've  had Taco Bell bean burritos many times (more than 20 years ago). I liked the taste, but how clean they were that was the question. I guess it was depends on the town where it was located. Mission Viejo area was ok with me, but once one of my co-workers bought some tacos from El Segundo area. A small????jumped out of her Taco as soon as she opened the bag.????

Edited by The Theory

5 hours ago, chrischronic said:

Because chicken and "beef?" can be sourced locally, but not beans. I love TB back home, but here, without beans, steak, Diablo sauce, and "normal" tasting nachos, I've only been twice since they've opened. 

Also, I'm not a cheap Charlie, but prices are crazy high for what you get, and they may grant you 4 fire sauce packets if you wai correctly. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, chrischronic said:

They seem to believe Thais don't like / won't eat beans....  And the rest of us, don't matter!

But then again, we might also wonder why sometime back they also entirely dropped the original "pulled pork" option as a meat choice in their menu items. Hard for them to claim that Thais don't like / won't eat pork!!!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The beans for refried beans is not available here. And once found very expensive.  I get mine from an Indian guy in BKK when he has some. And I've look ever. 

Taco Bell Thailand already imports a lot of their materials from outside of Thailand... So it would be no problem for them to source beans, if they actually wanted to...

But beyond that, bags of imported dry pinto beans ARE readily available here in Thailand....at supermarkets such as Villa and Foodland. And have been for many years.

Taco Bell, though, in other places/countries, uses a dry beans mix combined with boiling water. They don't make their frijoles/beans from scratch.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The beans for refried beans is not available here. And once found very expensive.  I get mine from an Indian guy in BKK when he has some. And I've look ever. 

Beans are very very avalable in Thailand and not expensive..Taco Bell could buy large amouts very cheap indeed......They just dont want to, no matter how many people want beans on the menu...

• Like 2

Of course Taco Bell doesn't sell real Mexican food and they do much more than tacos, but authentic Mexican tacos don't use beans. 

I looked at the menu of the Royal Garden Bell and just as in the U.S., I wasn't tempted.

For American style Mexican food in Pattaya, I like the burrito supreme with steak from here and yes there are beans:

Hotmeals2u.com Order Quality Food Online all over Pattaya

But I recommend adding your own hot sauce and sliced avocado. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:56 AM, bkk6060 said:

Gee now, if Jomtien gets a McDonalds and Starbucks they will become famous.

I recall the old one at the Beach Rd Thrappaya corner..... wasn't that popular. 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Of course Taco Bell doesn't sell real Mexican food and they do much more than tacos, but authentic Mexican tacos don't use beans. 

I looked at the menu of the Royal Garden Bell and just as in the U.S., I wasn't tempted.

For American style Mexican food in Pattaya, I like the burrito supreme with steak from here and yes there are beans:

Your link is to the Tigglebitties menu for those who would rather dine in. I'm outside the delivery area but eat there regularly

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I recall the old one at the Beach Rd Thrappaya corner..... wasn't that popular. 

I have heard(maybe here?) that for some reason fast food restaurants suffer from the "curse of Jomtien" and just don't succeed. It is said that even KFC,  arguably the most successful fast food chain  in the world, tried it's hand in Jomtien many many years ago  and flopped. 

• Like 1

I ate at TB once in Pattaya, was the super tacos with sour cream. It was OK to try but if I want good tacos I make at home. I'm usually disappointed trying western food joints in Thailand.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This is absolutly the best Mexican Food in Pattaya....Plenty of beans here.....

I think Taco Bell would rather go bankrupt  than serve anything with beans....

I only see Thais eating there....

i think westeners and tourist have given up on Taco Bell...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thumbs Up 1