Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

2 hours ago, placeholder said:
2 hours ago, candide said:

Of course he knows that, he's just trolling.

And apparently a glutton for rebuttal.

No, they got a lot of return for whatever capitql they doled out...For just a line or two, embedded with a few button-pushing choice words, they would usually get back a screenful of logic and facts for rebuttal....which they use to wipe their behind with, then rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Sometimes I think I deplore Trump's supporters more than Trump himself.  At least Trump knows he's a lying conman doing what comes natural.  But his supporters....I don't get how their brain works.  

Aha, I don't get how their brain works............an oxymoron on many levels, @Berkshire!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Ah, the old absolutely meaningless "republic" vs "democracy" !

Please tell me what you are implying, because if you think "Republic" is a valid excuse for trying to overthrow American democracy, then....

....you're a trumper

The Electoral College, anachronism that it is, is an entity that takes the tallies votes from each State, where DEMOCRACY means the one with the most votes takes that State and all of its electors. Each State electors' votes are then tallied to produce a winner.

Biden gained the most Electoral Votes, and thus a brave and patriotic VP Pence did his ceremonial duty and certified the results, ignoring trump's demands Pence break the law, or as un-indicted co-conspirator #2 said, "it's only a minor violation' of the law. Biden wins, trump loses.

Incidentally, Biden crushed trump in the nationwide popular vote. HRC womped his behind, too, but the electoral college awarded the victory to trump.

How childish not using a T for Trump. 

• Haha 1

The Prosecution of Trump May Have Terrible Consequences
Aug. 8, 2023

(Opinion) It may be satisfying now to see the special counsel Jack Smith indict Donald Trump for his reprehensible and possibly criminal actions in connection with the 2020 presidential election. But the prosecution, which might be justified, reflects a tragic choice that will compound the harms to the nation from Mr. Trump’s many transgressions.

Mr. Smith’s indictment outlines a factually compelling but far from legally airtight case against Mr. Trump. The case involves novel applications of three criminal laws and raises tricky issues of Mr. Trump’s intent, his freedom of speech and the contours of presidential power. If the prosecution fails (especially if the trial concludes after a general election that Mr. Trump loses), it will be a historic disaster.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/opinion/trump-indictment-cost-danger.html

https://archive.is/nMJ04

5 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

(Opinion) 

That's right. Opinion. As is just about everything else posted on here. And this is the opinion of a conservative Hoover Institution senior staffer. And in his opinion, given his credentials, the operative point here is that:

The case involves novel applications of three criminal laws and raises tricky issues of Mr. Trump’s intent, his freedom of speech and the contours of presidential power.

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's right. Opinion. As is just about everything else posted on here. And this is the opinion of a conservative Hoover Institution senior staffer. And in his opinion, given his credentials, the operative point here is that:

The case involves novel applications of three criminal laws and raises tricky issues of Mr. Trump’s intent, his freedom of speech and the contours of presidential power.

I take exception to that. Many and I mean many of us post links to avoid the "everybody has opinions"!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Why do you worship that twice impeached, thrice indicted, convicted sex offender, convicted charity fraudster who spews out such nicknames? Do you trumpers find that 'Presidential'?

Goose and gander.

I don't, and don't really like the guy, but I stand up for the persecuted. I don't like anti Trump supremacists. 

I would vote for him, unless the Dems came up with a guy who might make it through the term. The current one wouldn’t, which is bizarre. 

Pencil neck, mcmuffin ????????

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I don't, and don't really like the guy, but I stand up for the persecuted. I don't like anti Trump supremacists. 

I would vote for him, unless the Dems came up with a guy who might make it through the term. The current one wouldn’t, which is bizarre. 

Pencil neck, mcmuffin ????????

Another amateur gerontologist.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1