Srettha Filing Defamation Lawsuit Against Chuwit

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

ahhh, the lawsuits of the rich and famous...............They all seem like WAGS and have too much money and nothing to spend it on, and too much time and nothing to do

Too much 'saved tax' money!!!!????????????????

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

"May" have,  this extra word appeared in another post written about Chuwit.

I have know someone announced 2 years ago he had stage 4. Still going strong. But, did he ever have it? People do the weirdest things for publicity.

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

If Chuwit only has 8 months left I don't suppose he will be too worried ......................LOL

Yeah, good luck with the ten year lawsuit.

32 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I have know someone announced 2 years ago he had stage 4. Still going strong. But, did he ever have it? People do the weirdest things for publicity.

True again, especially if it suits his purposes for a platform to say what he wants.

59 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have sympathy for anyone dying of cancer.

The end date is never certain.

My son was given 6 months to live but survived for two years.

The end result is still the same though.

The end result is the same for us all.....We die!

People like Chuwit who is a rascal and has been around the block, know how this game is played. It wouldn't surprise me if he was kicking around in 2/3 years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

having a total of 12 individuals who separately owned the land under one land title deed sell off his or her respective plot to the property firm in 12 consecutive days or one seller per day.

I'd like to know the specific facts and applicable law in this case.

Do the 12 individuals legally and historically (ie., not the day before sale) each have a title/charnote for a parcel of the whole real estate? Might be a partnership of the 12 with equal individual percentages of ownership. Would it matter? May depend on a partnership agreement where parcels can be sold individually without unanimous partnership agreement.

The public perception might be a single property ownership but legally the opposite.

A further complication is that Thailand uses common law driven by culture and tradition versus case law. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai party’s prime ministerial candidate and former real estate tycoon Srettha Thavisin has sued graft-busting crusader Chuwit Kamolvisit for defamation, demanding 500 million baht in compensation.

Srettha just pulled the pin on a handgrenade and left it in his own pocket.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

Srettha Thavisin

He may have to worry himself about filing that Law suit . If Chuwit lives long enough and can proof in court that Srettha Is dirty  he'll be sorry that he filed the Law suit.

If Chuwit is wrong  i don't think that he will be worried He'll depart when his time 's up.

Lies not protected in Free Speech? In the USA all lies are protected by First Amendment and specifically political lies have guaranteed protection under the First Amendment. That will be Trump's defense in the Jan 6 indictment. However, the indictment is not about he telling lies but about he conspiring to commit  crimes by telling lies. 

Here is an interesting aspect to that. When people were lying to their embassy to get income certification, it was protected under First Amendment unless Thai Government indicts the person in a US court for committing a crime by telling lies. Winning a case by the US government for telling lies, even under oath, is not easy in a US court.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have sympathy for anyone dying of cancer.

The end date is never certain.

My son was given 6 months to live but survived for two years.

The end result is still the same though.

Sorry for your loss.....

Former MP Chuwit Kamolvisit has further accused Sansiri and its former CEO, Pheu Thai PM Candidate Srettha Thavisin, of tax evasion through the use of nominees to purchase lands worth 1 billion baht in Thong Lor. This alleged scheme was purportedly designed to circumvent paying the appropriate amount of taxes for these transactions.

He has raised questions about why Sansiri extended a 1 billion baht loan, via its subsidiary, to individuals lacking the financial capacity to repay the loan. These individuals were reportedly acting as nominees for the transactions, and included a housemaid and a security guard.

Chuwit asserts that he possesses evidence substantiating these irregular transactions. He has stated his intention to submit this evidence to the Stock Exchange of Thailand, the Senate, and Parliament, urging them to initiate an investigation into Sansiri and Srettha. Additionally, he has revealed his determination to undergo chemotherapy in order to prolong his life for the purpose of pursuing this case.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1691390945235972096