Skateboard skirmish between foreigner and police sparks stir at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok (video)

webfact

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What are you on about? You think he's going to keep his leg still so they can aim at his leg? Do you have any idea how hard it is to hit a small moving target with a handgun?

Cops are trained to shoot into the abdomen as it's the largest target.

Standard practice in a couple of European countries.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Grow up, anyone over 9yrs old on a skateboard needs treatment ????????????

Please explain why. The man in the OP probably didn't want to part with his board for any reason. They can get pricy.....longboard for me as well as still surf....your just jealous others can skate....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Standard practice in a couple of European countries.

And if the policeman misses and kills a child standing behind him? What kind of mind thinks a policeman can draw his weapon because someone has a skateboard in his hand? If you can't handle this kind of situation, get a job at McDonalds and leave the tough work for those capable. Police in the US , besides the few imbeciles that are power hungry or prejudiced, would have tackled this moron and had him cuffed in seconds.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, recom273 said:

That's what I see - two kids who don't move, maybe they are his kids - one of them may have been dicking around on the skateboard, the policeman may have done something to escalate and the old man didnt appreciate it.

No, unless you were there, that's not what you saw, that's what you bizarrely speculated based on nothing but your imagination.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Hats off? I disagree. The police officers standing around while their fellow officer is being attacked is disgraceful and shameful. He should have been taken down and arrested for attacking a police officer regardless of the reasons for his behaviour. It undermines the authority of the police. I suppose they would have stood around if he had been attacking a fellow traveller. They have made themselves a laughing stock. What was the reason for this idiot going on the rampage?

"Mum! They are trying to take my skateboard away from me.! Tell them they can't or I'll  tell Dad."????

• Confused 1

Restraint?  Unbelievable terribly trained officers don't care about their own safety or the safety of others?

He is committing a felony assault with a deadly weapon.   They should have tased him or a few baton strikes and took him down immediately after his first attempt to hit the officer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

And what's the problem with a grown man having and riding a skateboard.

Think he goes home and play with his action man later?

Nothing right with a grown man having a skateboard....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

The foreigner was well within his rights here.

The thai police were being too heavy handed ???? 

I can't agree with that! If a policeman asks you to do something, in a foreign country, then you should obey. You can discuss the pro's and con's later, in the court, if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Unbelievable terribly trained officers don't care about their own safety or the safety of others?

He is committing a felony assault with a deadly weapon.   They should have tased him

Perhaps they should be congratulated for their restraint and attempted de-escalation.  No one else's safety was at risk.

"He is committing a felony assault with a deadly weapon.  They should have tased him".

US law and offences do not apply here.  Thai police are not issued tasers.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

In Australia (especially Queensland) all 3 officers would have shot and killed him saying that they felt their lives were in danger!

If hit by full swing to the head , can easily be killed , skull fracture at the very least