Awaiting arrest, ex-Prime Minister Thaksin returns to Thailand amidst political unrest

webfact

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is also what I wonder about?

Does anybody believe even one word of what comes out of their mouths?

It's coincidence that he comes back on the same day of the PM election.

In case the PM won't be elected it will also be coincidence that he doesn't come on that day.

He wants to take care of his grandchildren - in the prison cell?

He has nothing to do with PT and Thai politics.

Bla bla bla - nobody even tries to make up somehow believable excuses.

Thaksin arriving at approx 0900hrs, voting for PM approx 1700hrs.

I find that impossible for Thaksin to cancel his trip, if the new PM is not elected,

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thaksin arriving at approx 0900hrs, voting for PM approx 1700hrs.

I find that impossible for Thaksin to cancel his trip, if the new PM is not elected,

What do you think will happen if Thaksin has Tuesday morning reason to believe that his PM won't be elected? Maybe a flat tire on his private jet? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

"What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun"

Ecclesiastes 1:9tt

People of privilege have and all ways will be treated better than the rest, not only in Thailand, the rest of the world too.

he is not of the torture class to quote Graham Greene

Edited by malibukid

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

As Thailand anticipates the arrival of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, fresh from a self-imposed exile, arrest warrants are ready for viewing and inevitable jail time awaits him. His expected return is scheduled for tomorrow, incidentally, coinciding with parliamentary proceedings to elect the country’s 30th leader.

His daughter, Paetongtarn “Ung Ing” Shinawatra, a former prime ministerial candidate for the Pheu Thai Party, aired the news of her father’s forthcoming arrival. She conveyed via social media that Thaksin’s private plane is due to make its descent at Don Mueang airport tomorrow at 9am. Reportedly, Thaksin and his sister, Yingluck, made their way from Dubai to Singapore prior to the final leg of the journey.

An insider disclosed that officials are set to await Thaksin’s landing in the VIP segment of the airport. As soon as he sets foot in Thailand, senior police officers will promptly enlighten him about multiple arrest warrants and other documentation relevant to his case. Following this, Thaksin will be ushered to immigration before being transported to the Police Club on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road. His journey concludes at the Supreme Court—where he will report.

by Mitch Connor

Photo courtesy of watchesbysjx.com

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/politics/awaiting-arrest-ex-prime-minister-thaksin-returns-to-thailand-amidst-political-unrest

-- Thaiger 2023-08-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Why does he need to go via the 'Police Club'. (Which is a very large well equipped 'venue'.) 

'Executive ceremonial lunch?'

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is also what I wonder about?

Does anybody believe even one word of what comes out of their mouths?

It's coincidence that he comes back on the same day of the PM election.

In case the PM won't be elected it will also be coincidence that he doesn't come on that day.

He wants to take care of his grandchildren - in the prison cell?

He has nothing to do with PT and Thai politics.

Bla bla bla - nobody even tries to make up somehow believable excuses.

I would certainly believe most things that most Thai political parties say.

Having said that I would believe nothing that ANY party having anything to do with any military coup, especially BJT, PPRP and the UTN.

• Love It 1