Srettha govt expected to assume office by end of September : Wissanu

snoop1130

And so it carries on. Who gets what in the cabinet is what the whole shenanigans่ has been about. A lot of promises were made to get the PM votes I'm sure. Now it's the day(s) of reckoning. I saw Chonlanan pencilled in for the Health Ministry but he is duty bound (ha!) to resign after his party signed up with UTN and PPRP, according to his word. BJT have staked claims. Will they be rewarded? Pass the popcorn.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

another week for the secretariat of the cabinet to check the qualifications of all the cabinet candidates

Why weren't they already checked?  And while they were at it make sure they are squeaky clean. Otherwise MFP will be calling them to account.

What is good for the goose...

• Like 2

He gave a timeline of about three weeks for a new government to assume office. It will require one week for the completion of the cabinet line-up, another week for the secretariat of the cabinet to check the qualifications of all the cabinet candidates and another week for all the new ministers, led by the prime minister, to take an oath before HM the King or his portrait.

In the UK it takes two or three days. It also doesn't take three months to form a government after an election. Although why Thailand even has elections is beyond me. It really doesn't matter who the people vote for. They get the government the elite want them to have.

• Thanks 1

wissanu.jpg

The Pheu Thai-led government is expected to assume office at the end of September, according to Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam today (Wednesday).

He explained that, even though there is a Royal command appointing Srettha Thavisin as the prime minister, he is still unable to start performing his duty because his cabinet is yet to be set up and take the oath of allegiance.

He gave a timeline of about three weeks for a new government to assume office. It will require one week for the completion of the cabinet line-up, another week for the secretariat of the cabinet to check the qualifications of all the cabinet candidates and another week for all the new ministers, led by the prime minister, to take an oath before HM the King or his portrait.

Caption: Photo : Wissanu Krea-ngam

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/new-government-expected-to-assume-office-by-end-of-september-wissanu/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

And of course to get the oath of allegiance right this time without any omissions.

• Thanks 2

Caretaker Former PM Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha arrives at the Government House Thursday morning in the same bullet proof limousine while new PM Srettha Thavisin will meet Prayut at the Government House to seek advice at 11am.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1694554541541474707

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Does that allow enough time to get new uniforms made to suit their new "military" ranks.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the UK it takes two or three days. It also doesn't take three months to form a government after an election. Although why Thailand even has elections is beyond me. It really doesn't matter who the people vote for. They get the government the elite want them to have.

All this talk of democratic betrayals. How did the anti brexiteers feel the morning after the Great Boris Balls up? He lied, cheated and led the UK into the wilderness. Thai politicians aren't alone in duping their electorate, that's for sure! It's why Pita seemed, and still does seem, such a refreshing change. And not only him. I watch Thai parliament debates. Understand about one word in 10, but I can still tell the good guys from the bad. Gao glay has a lot of "bright young things" in their ranks, who can speak intelligently, fluently and competently. I watch the old guard with their bombast and finger wagging, chests stuck out, nodding in agreement with themselves and I wonder for how much longer are these fxxxers going to clog up the works?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grandpa said:

In UK, the new Government takes over the day after an election.  This is all a nonsense.  I am sure that Sretta has his Cabinet already worked out and ready to go to the king to swear allegiance.  Why does the secretariat need to check eligibilty, surely if they are eligible to be MPs they don't need any other qualifications, or do they?

Yes this makes the USA look like they're on steroids.

In the UK, even in 2010 when the Tories didn't get a majority I think it only took 6 or 7 days although a hung parliament had been predicted as a possibility. Normally, unless the previous government wins again it's a case of the old one out the back door and the new one in the front

The main difference here is the number of coalition parties and therefore the number of parties demanding ministerial jobs. You would have thought though that much of that work will have been done during the negotiations. Having said that organisational skills don't seem too prevalent here.

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

You are right, the UK is a stellar example of how a government should work. No nonsense, straight to business, no lies to electors, no private little parties, a good solid strategy when dealing with international relations. Right, right.

Yet you conveniently forget one simple yet crucial fact;

In UK a shambolic government can be voted out in a general election with no interference from the military or corrupt judiciary.