Pheu Thai Popularity Rating Drops To 10%: Sripatum Poll

webfact

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Wait until May?

I don't follow their politics that much because it's a waste of space, but I thought I read somewhere that Prayut had loaded the Senate with certain posts that had to be given to the military and the Senate had to have so many seats reserved for the military?.

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't follow their politics that much because it's a waste of space, but I thought I read somewhere that Prayut had loaded the Senate with certain posts that had to be given to the military and the Senate had to have so many seats reserved for the military?.

Like you I am short on the detail.... yes senate is loaded with military, but I thought they got to serve a limited 5 year term... hope that after that the lower house can modify things while they are out of the way.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along to explain it to us soon. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

Asked about whether Thailand should have a new constitution, crafted by a council elected by the people, 75.53% said they agree, 12.14% said the charter should be amended and 3.85% said the charter should remain as is.

Holy moly! Only less than 4% of Thais actually agree with the current constitution. Now that is a damning result if I've ever seen one. Wow.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

according to the findings of a Blockchain poll

Eh, what?

• Like 2

Voters have been known to have a short memory, so even this massive betrayal and resulting well-deserved drop in popularity isn't something that a sprinkle of populist policies and handouts can't fix.

The Pheu Thai leadership knows that better than anyone else I'm afraid and might be banking on just that to happen.

Time will tell if things are any different this time around. I'm not very hopeful. 

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Wait for the next election, hopefully no senate to rig the system.

Really? You think? I'd bet my last dollar both UTN and PPR will demand the senates ternure is extended for another XX number of years, or they may remove their support of PT in this coalition- Without the senate there is no back stop from preventing MFP having there own PM and amending 112 in any future elections. I suspect the sentators are here to stay. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

What choice did PTP, or MFP for that matter have?

Both were out-maneuvered by the powers-that-be.

And with the giant ask for repatriating Thaksin, PTP had no choice. That was a huge debt.

IMO, PTP would be better served by being honest about the deal they made, why they made it and who they made it with.

Trying to keep that secret, when almost everyone knows what happened, may be their death knell?

I think PTP was banking on a landslide victory, when that failed, they knew their options were limited. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

1 hour ago, jonclark said:

I think PTP was banking on a landslide victory, when that failed, they knew their options were limited. 

That was it all along! Just look at how many references to a "Landslide" there was before the "Election". Then MFP came along and Pi@@ed on their Chips!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonclark said:

Really? You think? I'd bet my last dollar both UTN and PPR will demand the senates ternure is extended for another XX number of years, or they may remove their support of PT in this coalition- Without the senate there is no back stop from preventing MFP having there own PM and amending 112 in any future elections. I suspect the sentators are here to stay. 

It will be much more easier if PT didn’t form the coalition government. Even as a minority government, the military coalition and the appointed senates can vote to extend the tenure of the appointment that will secured their hold on power for the foreseeable future. With PT as the leading party in the government, they and other like minded parties can block any attempt to extend the appointment. 

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

I believe next May is when the senates tenure is expiring..
We will see what happens before that comes if any shenanigans are at play.