Thai condo owner discovers shocking state after foreign tenants leave

webfact

image.jpeg

A landlord issued a warning to others after some foreign tenants trashed a luxury condominium in Thailand. The discovery was made by the owner of the condo when she was contacted by the management of the building due to the tenants’ unpaid electricity bills.

TikTok user @fang_pacara posted a cautionary tale for landlords after she found her property in a shocking state. Having rented her apartment to foreigners through an agency, she was surprised to learn that her foreign tenants were behind on their electricity bills and were illegally using the common area’s electricity.

The condo’s legal entity had reached out to her, prompting her to inspect her property, where she discovered the shocking scene.

The owner provided a tour of the apartment, revealing a rubbish-strewn disaster zone. Items were scattered throughout the room, pictures were drilled into the walls, and cats were secretly kept, leading to further damage. The curtains had been shredded by the cats and many items were broken.

by Samantha Rose

Illustration: Freepik

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-condo-owner-discovers-shocking-state-after-foreign-tenants-leave

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 3

This is why I never went into property rentals. My son makes an awful lot of money from it, but it is a hassle dealing with some of the low-lives that rent, or rather don't pay rent and trash apartments. Is it low-lives or low-lifes?

39 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense, never had a problem with getting back deposits. anyone leaving a place like this is a low life.

Then you are very lucky. Typically I experienced the last electric bill coincidentally being the same as the deposit a few times. With treats of getting the police if you don't pay or complain to much...

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Doesn't look "luxury" to me, even ignoring the rubbish all over the place.

Owner probably from a small village and in her eyes, a one room place looks like a palace.

Relevance? I thought it was the foreigner that has made wrong. Why complain on the landlord?

3 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

A "luxury" condo"... My "luxury" butt.

Does not matter. People who rent, should not leave an condo in such shape.

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Looks like your typical Nirun and Flybird condominiums here in Pattaya. 

Quality tourists living there. 

Still has nothing to do with, the behavior of the people renting the condo. You lost focus.

1 hour ago, Almer said:

But we all no landlords do everything not to return the deposit, so as the saying goes, what goes around comes around. 

Relevance to this landlord, please?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

Then you are very lucky. Typically I experienced the last electric bill coincidentally being the same as the deposit a few times. With treats of getting the police if you don't pay or complain to much...

Know a lot of other people who never had a problem.

I don't care if they get the police involved, got good connections there.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The article say they were foreign tenants no less than SIX times. Because Thais would never do such a thing. Except that they do, and we read of it numerous times on this site.

True, years back I went to a big apatment occupied by my US work colleague. He lived there with his Thai GF.

I walked in and walked out, the smell was enough to make many pople sick. The floor hadn't been swept or washed for years. Plastic bags of rotting food waste everywhere.

• Sad 1