'Big Joke' Unveils Vision for new Police Commander position

webfact

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

The story says 'Colonel' Sura.....

He's been refered to as 'General' Sura.... many times before. 

This happens all the time in translations of news stories about him - they mix up "phon aek" (four-star General) with "phan aek" (Colonel).

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

This happens all the time in translations of news stories about him - they mix up "phon aek" (four-star General) with "phan aek" (Colonel).

Thanks, I'm aware of this in another example. When I applied for PR I had an interview with the 'Porkong'.

I assumed this was a specific rank, but it turned out to mean 'very senior officer' (no specific rank).

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Surachet stated that his morning was spent writing a comprehensive four-page vision paper

A quick google of "Police Vision Statement" found 207,000,000 results. Copy/paste and edit for Thai requirements and his morning might take 30min.

Here is a relevant topic he overlooked: How to regain public trust in the Police Force... But maybe that's not important.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Exactly! I cant understand the "he's earned my respect" posters - He didnt rise up through the ranks by doing a great job solving local crimes, he paid his way up, he's in the club, the people around him sponsored the franchisee to ensure they had a foot in the door. 

Possibly but I would say that the main reason is that he's been connected to the horologist since a very young age?

• Like 1

Oh dear, it seems BJ is promoting his agenda to be on the short list and appears to be conforming to the well trodden path of collecting his dues.

After all the chinese actress did say on being whisked from the airport to her hotel with motorcycle outrider's, that everything is for sale in Thailand..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I was hoping if there were any positives to take away from this election fiasco, it would be the disappearance of big joke, it would be his final bow, and his disappearance into oblivion.

But I guess some things are too good to be true, and I guess some people just never go away. The limelight and his slice of fame simply means too much to him. 

Ah, I was waiting for your hate of Surachat to pop up ! Makes me wonder what he’s done so wrong, except that you don’t like him being what you call a «  poster boy » IMO he’s straight enough, does his job and there hasn’t been a single better police man in Thailand so far . Enough for me, if most of Thailands police force had his integrity, then it would be a much safer place.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, geisha said:

Ah, I was waiting for your hate of Surachat to pop up ! Makes me wonder what he’s done so wrong, except that you don’t like him being what you call a «  poster boy » IMO he’s straight enough,

I'd agree with straighter than most of the rest but think you are pushing it too far here?

8 hours ago, retarius said:

How about investigating crimes, being fair, not taking bribes, not sitting all day in the station drinking tea or whatever? How about policing the roads properly in cars and looking for speeding, dangerous driving, DUI, and moving violations? How about stopping police from dealing drugs and forcing users to sell for them? How about sticking corrupt cops in jail?

All good points but when looking for a job the last thing you do is tell them how much their company sucks.