Who lives in a studio ?

georgegeorgia

I'm looking at real estate in Pattaya now ready for my future 

I did stay in a 1 bedroom studio ( separated wall ) 28sqm in Arcadia waters condominiums which was great for a short period but could I do it longer !

Studio is good for single busy man I guess 

Studios , rooms ,bedsitters that's the names they call them.

Judging by the real estate sites the majority of for sale are Studio apartment ranging from 16sqm to 38sqm

,my question is who here lives actually lives in a studio apartment/ room /bedsitter ?

Do you have a real cooking kitchen or a hotplate setup

Do you use the bed to watch TV or actually have a lounge chair?

How do you find it for living ?

Are you sick of it ?

I could not live without a balcony and I saw some for sale without ,one was 16sqm for 300,000 baht 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

Before I came here I sold everything.  House, cars, came here with just a large suitcase.   I lived in a 28 sq mtr before that was actually a one bedroom.  Small kitchen also.  Had a nice infinity pool and gym.  I was fine for me and I had girls over who described it as "cute".

In a 50 sq mtr. now  but could do the smaller room again no problem.

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think balconies, and also swimming pools, are overrated.

Everybody wants one. But then most people never use the balcony and never use the swimming pool. 

Why? I don't know. But it's reality. 

I use our outside sitting areas.  Front porch, morning coffee with the dog, as it faces West.  Anytime in afternoon, on back veranda, as it faces East.  At least a couple times a week, weather permitting.

So I'd need a balcony facing North.  Which would be preferred anyway, as less sun exposure on studio.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

i live in a studio, so much better than i expected, a great use of space, no extra walls, 38m, could have bought next door 38, then 76 and too big. Includes balcony 6m which is perfect, not too big not too small.

Bigger studios are just more spaced out, often same furniture. Ideal for a single man, people always quote a 1 bed is better for couples, but i reckon separate condos beats that easy.

Bonus is low common fees 

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I watch the newest Starfield videos since a couple of days, but I was not aware of zero gravity chairs until now. Are they something important which I missed until now?

They are very comfortable balcony chairs and cheap, around 500 baht, i have 2, just great for facing friends or birds and chatting

Screenshot_2023-09-07-12-40-51-787_com.lazada.android~2.jpg

• Like 1

I thought you were going to be a minimalist. The following is from a post of yours a month ago.

"My dream eventually is to sell up and move to a small 1  house in isaan in the country side  Thailand and have no clutter to live as a minimalist , not even a fridge Just a mat on the floor , a small drawer and not even a tv "

Seems like 19 sqm would be roomy with only a mat on the floor.

I just moved from a 40 sqm condo to a 29 sqm condo in a different city. Will have to get use to a little less space but think it will fill my needs.

Edited by biervoormij
missing e
  • Haha 2

I work from home and have a Thai GF so I'm home a lot. Anything less than the ~52 SQM 2 bed/2bath I have and I would not be happy at all. Especially seeing the state of the GF's room and bathroom. 3 ACs and 3 TVs are handy as well if one breaks down and came with high quality furnishings too. Have a great Japanese manager and landlord who fixes any issues extremely quickly. Includes weekly cleaning and linen/towel change and replenishment of toiletries as well. 

Edited by Ohyesuare

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nope. Not for me. I love space, and have been fortunate to have lived in alot of spacious homes, lofts (NYC), and apartments over the years. 

Few things in life beat the luxury of space. 

Different strokes. I was living in a 148 sq mtr on the water in Na Jomtien. Initially I was thrilled, but keeping it clean was more bother than my lazy butt wanted to do. I moved to Chanthaburi for work and have two 36 sq mtr rooms in the same building across the hall from each other. I live in one and store my "stuff" in the other, and it suits me just fine.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1