Thai food’s bold blend of flavours: A culinary delight with a fatal bite

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My woman tells me the trick is to avoid Koi Pla made with raw fish. She says many know that, and follow that rule. Any time raw fish is left to the elements, there is a danger. If it is kept refrigerated, the chances of sickness are much lower. Same applies to meat.

No - this is a parasite already in the animal - storage is usually a risk of bacteria,

Freezing for a long period in low temps will kill thr parasites - but they don't breed like bacteria - their life cycle is like something from alien.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My woman tells me the trick is to avoid Koi Pla made with raw fish. She says many know that, and follow that rule. Any time raw fish is left to the elements, there is a danger. If it is kept refrigerated, the chances of sickness are much lower. Same applies to meat.

That would apply to any meat. Part of why I never ate meat-based street food in Thailand (or anywhere). We don't know if the meat has been refrigerated in the hot weather. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Actually all raw sushi in America is frozen then thawed.  By law.  Freezing kills the parasites.  Yuck.

Slightly :offtopic:but in UK almost no restaurants will serve burgers RARE. Why? Because a government ministry has advised (not instructed) that minced meat may not be properly cooked on all sides unless it's well done. Restaurants are therefore scared of being sued if someone gets sick after eating a rare burger!

If Thailand is the land of scams (if!) UK is the land of OTT Health & Safety - almost a polar opposite to Thailand, in fact.

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 1