The state of your average expat in Thailand.

bob smith

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Just finished thanks for asking.
Shot an 88 which I’m happy with. Was good because it had bigger fairways. 
Not as big as the chip on your shoulder mind you. 

did you wear the silly pants and the even sillier hat? 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

It's you.

If you went to any council estate in Glasgow for example (my home town), you would be forgiven for  thinking that every Glaswegian is an alcoholic, violent low-life who would rather head-butt you than say hello, when of course there are many areas of Glasgow where the vast majority of Glaswegians are quite the opposite. Location, surroundings, environment have a tendency to dictate the calibre of person you meet, so if you hang out in low-life areas, don't be surprised to bump into a few low-life's. 

'Good expats' don't hang out in these places. We go to nice bars and nice restaurants and stay well clear of the underbelly of Thailand for exactly this reason. You just need to widen your sphere of influence and circle of friends and understand that out of the many millions of ex-pats here in Thailand, the VAST majority are normal, hard-working guys who don't 'come off as con men/wrong uns' but good guys who are enjoying everything Thailand has to offer. 

However I doubt you will take this advice as you seem to revel in putting Thai's down and commenting on matters such as this. You've mentioned in a previous post that you are looking to leave Thailand. I think that's a good idea for you.

Pretty much sums it up.  Thank you.

On 9/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, bob smith said:

most of them seem to have severe mental problems,

alcoholism/drug abuse is rampant.

And they all drive cars and motorcycles!  That is what bothers me.  See so many leaving the bars at 4-5 pm after drinking since 1pm or worse at night on Soi Buakhao .  WTF, why not take a baht bus or walk it off a little?  

On 9/13/2023 at 8:02 AM, Gsxrnz said:

If they can't utter a sentence without using the F word, I tend to avoid any interaction.

Another good test is if their knuckles are dragging on the ground.

Funnily enough, some of the nicest blokes are the ones that look as though they got dressed in the dark and are a walking fashion crime.

They are just the ones with no self respect, walking unshaven into Tesco's or the IO dressed in a string vest and shorts wearing flip flops.

• Haha 1

Without reference to any post in particular from The Manchurian Candidate (1962) the late Ms. Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Iselin:

Mrs. Iselin: [to her husband] I keep telling you not to think! You're very, very good at a great many things, but thinking, hon', just simply isn't one of them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You go to bars with your wife and talk with strangers?

Strangers tends to talk to me, and it happened at restaurants and bars yes. Wrong to bring your wife out for a evening? 

I guess bar have a different meaning for some? Normal bars where normal people goes, sportsbars,,,,,,,,, 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Furioso said:

I've been here over a year, I see that most farangs are addicts, usually drinkin' and whorin'. I don't judge that's just the way it is here.  

I prefer to call it imbibing and enjoying female companionship.  As a retired expat, cannot think of a better way to spend my time and money than to help out as many hard working Thai entrepreneurs as possible .   

Can anyone tell me a better way to spend time and money?   

Only have 45000 Baht per month pension, so travelling and staying in hotels is beyond my means.  Yes I live in Pattaya

• Love It 2

18 hours ago, Furioso said:

I've been here over a year, I see that most farangs are addicts, usually drinkin' and whorin'. I don't judge that's just the way it is here.  

Well don't hang out with them, find another venue that has Domino's, or similar..............:thumbsup:

• Like 1