Weighing passengers to become standard for Bangkok Airways

webfact

What is the purpose of all this ? 
Make fat people pay more n slim people pay less ? 
Safety - balancing the plane?

Creating comfort for passengers to re allocate seats for fat n slim? 

Do let me know if anyone has an answer .. 

Edited by NemoH

58 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You do know that the general population is not composed of musclebound athletes, but rather people who simply eat more of the wrong kinds of foods and get too little regular exercise. So for every one Schwarzenegger there are 1000 obese sweaty Burts. 

Your ratio is way of! It's probably 1: millions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

I understand that, but does that mean they will reassign seats, splitting up families/friends/ etc in order to balance/trim the aircraft? 

Putting the fatties on one side of the plane and the skinny people on the other side will do wonders for the W&B. 

• Haha 1

I called a few airlines and suggested porta-potties at every gate. 

If everyone could take a huge dump at the gate, the savings in aviation fuel would be tremendous.

Save the planet by LEAVING YOUR CRAP BEHIND.

image.thumb.png.c0ac9fd6f26287e586e1fcf82ca1aa73.pngAn insider told me 

Edited by DudleySquat
  • Haha 2

How many accidents, exactly, have there been due to passengers being overweight? The reason for this new and 'necessary' rule is to do with conserving fuel, as mentioned in the post. Maybe they should just take our money and not let us fly. Oh wait - they already did that in the pandemic.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

I understand that, but does that mean they will reassign seats, splitting up families/friends/ etc in order to balance/trim the aircraft? 

That thought also crossed my mind. Doubt they would split families but they could redistribute some if they found the plane as loaded would be tail or nose heavy by X%

I also immediately wondered if on average were 1st class passengers usually heavier than economy passenger ????

But I think the general trend these days is heavier in all sectors

Edited by mania

20 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

Maybe stop designing seats for midgets? ????????‍♂️

Majority fly no complaints so maybe designed for average people not designed for midgets but not designed for plus sized either ????

But if plus sized they dont want to pay for a larger seat anyway right? I mean would they want to pay for say 1.5 seats & they get two seats to use? Probably not

But asking the airline to make larger seats means less seats per flight / income per flight you think they will just eat that or charge more? I think we know the answer as both Business class & First Class are wider seats than Economy but of course charge more.

Truthfully it seems more on the larger person to accept they cannot order from the kiddie menu because its not enough for them ????

Edited by mania

i am wondering if it is an obligation. and what if somebody refuses ?? There is something as privacy and is this not against Human rights?? Nobody has to know my weight. but if it is only for the weight in the plane, they should enforce the maximum weight of luggage and handbags too 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think weight is misleading, as other have said muscle weighs more than fat, and that fatty may have no check in luggage making them have an extra 30 KG spare. They should really be using waistline. They should work out the optimum waistline for a seat and then put in a max waist line before you need an extra seat. Say anyone with a waist of 50-60 inches MUST buy two tickets.

• Like 1