Goodbye Alcoholism, Hello Sobriety!

bob smith

Alcoholism and sobriety are two extremes on a black an white scale. As with most things, consumption of alcohol and your need to do so is on a far more analog scale (with infinite points along the path).

TLDR; once someone becomes alcohol dependent, becoming tee-total might be the sensible (or only) safe option, but there are a myriad of ways to enjoy alcohol without becoming either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for the positivity guys. I am well aware that the road ahead is a long one but I have a pretty solid plan going forward. 

I really wanna try this CBD out. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. I just hope that it sits right with me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

I don’t think cbd will save me but it could help.

i would rather that than a benzodiazepine which could result in replacing one addiction with another. 

I believe I can do it this time round. My perception of alcohol seems to have been drastically altered over the weekend. Knee jerk reaction? Possibly. But it’s something I’ve never felt before. Usually by this time I would already be 3 glasses in. The thought of that is revolting to me right now. So make of that what you will. And thanks for the kind words.

Many like me drink wine not whisky - it seems to be the hard stuff that does the damage.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Good for you man. best of luck.:smile:

With painkillers keep an eye on kidney function. 

and with cbd, keep a very close eye on liver function. This is especially important for a recovering alcoholic that might have already caused extensive damage to the liver over years of alcohol abuse. Even moderately compromised liver function would not be a good starting point for cbd use. With any drug use the liver function should be closely monitored in the OP's case. Liver function tests are cheap and easy in Thailand.

• Thanks 1