Top Thai Police Officer Vows to Regain Trust of Public Following Kamnan Nok Shooting Scandal

webfact

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

National – On Sep 18th, 2023, Pol. Col. Phakpoom Phisamai, one of the lead investigative team members on the recent “Kamnan Nok” case, posted on social media about the shocking and depressing incident that happened to colleagues.

Many officers were affected by social criticism for what happened after the incident.

In this case, the tragic incident caused one good officer to be killed, some were wounded, and some were a suspect. He believed that no officer would have expected that the dinner party would abruptly turn into a murder scene.

At the dinner party, many law enforcement officers had mixed reactions to the unprecedented shooting. A group of officers allegedly aided the suspect in fleeing the crime scene, sabotaged the evidence, and
neglected the wounded.

Such actions were considered an act of betrayal of what Pol. Col. Phakpoom Phisamai called the esteemed duties of Thai police.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-09-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

But don't worry, the police will regain their good image by all buying new uniforms and asigning the unior officrs to highly polish the shoes of the seniors every morning and afternoon.

And they will all buy new hand guns to show they have good equipment, the juniors can clean the handguns at the same time they polish the seniors' shoes. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

And how does he intend to do this? By dismantling the entire police force? And why was the 'honest'? cop attending a dinner hosted by his alleged killer?? I feel sorry for those niave young men and women who became police persons before they became tainted.

• Like 2

Just now, hotchilli said:

Deservedly so... I'm not saying the RTP are 100% rotten to the core..

there are 1% who are trying to do  a good job swimming against the tide.

My Mrs has a nephew who decided to become an ex-policeman as the tide is constant and never ending......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs has a nephew who decided to become an ex-policeman as the tide is constant and never ending......

A local sop owner in my village has a son who joined the force 3 years ago.

Quite the eye opener what goes on in our province..

[the infamous Nakhon Pathom]

It can never happen!  Never! 

Thailand. There is always a "Top " 

Their main job is to get on their soap box and make claims. 

There are 72 provinces within each provinces there many more districts within the system they all operate on their own which is mainly not to protect and serve but to protect their own interest.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, retarius said:

Trust isn't gained by words. Trust has to be earned, every day, by doing the right thing. More words and more corruption isn't going to help you 'gain trust'. You won't be able to trick people into trusting you.

As I've written before, the Thai system is that he has spoken, made his recommendations, and his job is done. Anything that happens later is not his responsibility. You, I, he and everyone else knows that what is said will be ignored and is unenforceable, but that is not the point. He has acted, done what he considers to be his job, while actually doing nothing. This happens all the time, at least once a week. Someone makes a declaration and the next day it's ignored and forgotten. But that person has done their job by 'acting'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A local sop owner in my village has a son who joined the force 3 years ago.

Quite the eye opener what goes on in our province..

[the infamous Nakhon Pathom]

Is he in the 99% you state are rotten to the core, or is he OK because you personally know him?