Heartbroken British mother accuses Thai officials of ‘lies’ in son’s alleged suicide in Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Posting gibberish. Post some links to back up your claims about suicide. The guy jumped according to story. They have carparks next to hotel. Who would have thought? Put your brain in gear.

You go first - post something useful other than one line nonsense. Back up everything you claim with links.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The report here said that that his body was found in a car park, it didn't say how it got there or where he  was, perhaps, before his body landed there, neither was there the remotest suggestion of a street murder that you have now dragged into it without any evidence, whatsoever.   

The woman has her son's body so, presumably, if anything untoward happened, she'll present the results of the UK postmortem, if there is one.    I think that it would be more rational to wait for that than to speculate bizarre assertions of murder.

If a report is made that a body is found in a carpark with a suicide note next to it, murder is a possibility, and that's how it was stated in my post. It was not an assertion of fact. I don't investigate these media reports - I base my posts on what I read in these threads and links provided.

Now it has come to light that he jumped from a building. That's a different story entirely, but still, there are 3 possibilities when people fall from bulidings:

1. They jumped

2. They slipped and fell

3. They were pushed

Regarding suicide notes - they can be typed. That's what I would have done if I wanted to make it clear I intentionally jumped.

• Confused 2

On 9/22/2023 at 11:51 AM, ezzra said:

Again, put up or shut up, where are the evidence? these are very serious accusations concerning the life of a child, i'd like to believe that the Thai police still have some integrity left in them when it come to a grieving mother...

You mean like they did on Koh Tao. Where we saw several "shady" RTP results.

On 9/22/2023 at 2:26 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no experience of people being killed for no reason in LOS, so IMO he was either in the wrong place at the wrong time, or he offended someone he should not have, OR, he was suicidal for some reason unknown at this point in time.

Would anyone have suspected Robin Williams of being suicidal?

Sorry, but i did'nt realise that Robin Williams did it whilst in Thailand.

12 hours ago, JensenZ said:

No one goes to a car park to overdose - that's a ridiculous suggestion.

No, it's ridiculous to suggest that no one does it. People can (and do) overdose in all kinds of different places. Car parks are not excluded.

I just Googled, "person dies of overdose in car park." I found 19 news articles where this has happened, before I stopped counting.

Here's just one - as I mention, there are more than a dozen others.

Man dies after overdose in Brighton seafront car park

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:21 AM, Ben Zioner said:

How can one travel a number of months and hold a "good graduate job"?  

Gap years can be taken before or after going to uni.  Many opt for after, before starting their post university jobs.  Two of my son's friends are doing just that now.  Both in Bali but heading for Thailand shortly.

On 9/22/2023 at 5:15 AM, ezzra said:

While it heart breaking for any parents to loose a child, on what evidence does the mother base her allegation and accusations against the RTP?

Maybe she has read this website.  That would be enough to question the honesty of the RTP.  Let's face it the RTP are notorious for cover-ups and their questionable credibility is well known internationally.

And my wife's brother-in-law and uncle are both senior policemen in the RTP.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:48 PM, actonion said:

Alleged Suicide saves on the paper work I suppose

There is more to this than meets the eye, So far I can't find the story of how he died. If you remember a while back the police wrote the shooting of a New Zealand man in the head in Pattaya off the books as a plain old attempted roberry, the Mother flew to Thailand and challenged the police and the GF, and her Thai Bf were later found guilty of doing this to get his money he had sent to Thailand to build a bigger gym bussines that he and the GF ran, so good on the mother. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 10:57 AM, webfact said:

The dead man’s mother, Charmaine Baptiste, informed the Brighton Argus that she received calls and emails, from Bangkok, written to her in Thai, which had incorrect dates, informing her of Kimbia’s alleged suicide

Sounds like another Brit getting nasty towards Thailand to me. 

Why would you take any notice of a Thai written email? 

I thought it would be the British Embassy in Thailand informing her about the death. 

Anyway, here we go, another article for the Thai bashers. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, JensenZ said:

If a report is made that a body is found in a carpark with a suicide note next to it, murder is a possibility, and that's how it was stated in my post. It was not an assertion of fact. I don't investigate these media reports - I base my posts on what I read in these threads and links provided.

Now it has come to light that he jumped from a building. That's a different story entirely, but still, there are 3 possibilities when people fall from bulidings:

1. They jumped

2. They slipped and fell

3. They were pushed

Regarding suicide notes - they can be typed. That's what I would have done if I wanted to make it clear I intentionally jumped.

Need a printer to type it. Pen would be more likely.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JensenZ said:

You go first - post something useful other than one line nonsense. Back up everything you claim with links.

Read the article champ. Guy jumped from balcony into carpark. Did you expect him to be found anywhere else? I dont think you have ever travelled anywhere. Loads of balconies and loads of carparks.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:51 AM, ezzra said:

Again, put up or shut up, where are the evidence?

The entire system is a money making machine whose primary income source is tolerating the breaking of laws and being paid to not enforce them. 

The of course theres the Ferrari joes of the organisation.. 

How much evidence do you need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

The entire system is a money making machine whose primary income source is tolerating the breaking of laws and being paid to not enforce them. 

Absolutely ! Law enforcement in Thailand is nothing about ....law enforcement' ..and I've been here 20 years .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Nothing to do with tourists.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1