Cyber Police Raid ‘Big Joke’s’ Residence

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Big Joke did not allow any officers to enter his home and the CCIB Commissioner, Worrawat Nakhonbancha, is now negotiating with his 53 year old deputy.

This is some funny stuff. I remember when similar instances took place under Yingluck. Police arrived and "negotiated" with suspects, giving them plenty of time to dispose of any evidence. Not saying this is true of BJ. As we all  know, this guy is super clean and a credit to the force. Everybody on AN tells me so. So it must be true.  BTW "he'll be back."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JoePai said:

Big Joke did not allow any officers to enter his home

So they turned up ready for a shoot-out but did not even have a warrant to enter  ????

No, in deference to his rank and influence, this was a warning to give time to conceal any incriminating evidence. He has only five houses? Pfft! That is not enough to be considered for the top spot.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I certainly hope this puts an end to his recommendations for the government to increase immigration income/money in the bank for retirement extensions.

Curious where you saw that it was Surachat who recommended the government ??? 

3 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

And did they enter? A search warrant normally gives the bearer power from the courts to enter the named premises.

Failure to do so in most countries would result in arrest and the premises turned upside-down. 

I'm speculating that the guy in charge of the raid was allowed in and the matter put to bed with an envelope. (Just saying).

They searched. It's in the linked article.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Big Joke accused of being involved in online gambling operation
by Petch Petpailin 

image.jpeg
Photo via Facebook/ ฐานเศรษฐกิจ

Cyber Crime Investigation Bureau (CCIB) officers raided the home of Royal Thai Police (RTP) Deputy Commissioner Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn this morning over allegations of his involvement in an online gambling operation. Big Joke denied the allegation and refused to allow officers to enter his home.

CCIB officers attempted to raid five houses owned by Big Joke in Soi Vibhawadee 60 near the Police Sports Club in Bangkok’s Lak Si district at 8am today. One of the houses is Big Joke’s home while the other four provide accommodation for members of his team.

Big Joke did not allow any officers to enter his home and the CCIB Commissioner, Worrawat Nakhonbancha, is now negotiating with his 53 year old deputy.

An arrest warrant for the Big Joke has not yet been issued. The authorities’ primary objective is to search his residence for potential evidence related to the allegations and to conduct a thorough investigation.

According to Thai PBS, Big Joke’s financial transactions were allegedly found to involve the former president of Lamphun Warrior Football Club, Pongsiri “Tarn” Ratchawongsuek. Tarn was previously arrested for operating an online gambling site called TS911.com and for money laundering through his support of the football team.

Full story: The Thaiger 2023-09-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I am curious about the law here. If you want to call it that... but how can BJ refuse entry to his home if they have a search warrant? Would that not be just cause to arrest him on the spot for his refusing a court order? Did he make a stand-off with his gun to prevent entry? I have seen some videos of how the gang of police like to crash through doors and windows to get into a home to serve a warrant.. Was he exempt from this treatment?

4 minutes ago, geisha said:

Curious where you saw that it was Surachat who recommended the government ??? 

He cited the outdated 1979 Immigration Act, which allows foreigners aged above 50 to easily live in Thailand only if they have 800,000 baht in their bank account or an income certificate with a monthly salary not less than 65,000 baht.

This also tended to be the case of the suspects in Mack’s murder. Due to the existence of these dangerous gangs, aware foreign tourists feel discouraged to visit Pattaya or invest in the Eastern Seaboard, causing huge damage to the country, Pol Gen Surachate said. Thus, the RTP needs to regain trust from tourists by not only eradicating these gangs but also some Thai officials who clandestinely aid them. As part of the efforts, Pol Gen Surachate promised that he would propose an amendment to the immigration law, especially concerning retirement visa extensions, through the police chief once a new government takes office.  https://aseannow.com/topic/1302295-thai-police-pledge-to-eradicate-foreign-motorcycle-clubs-involved-in-alleged-criminal-activities/

You will need to click on the link for the complete story. It's towards the bottom, there.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Raid on my house is result of internal conflicts : Deputy national police chief Surachate

surachate_joke.jpg

Deputy national police chief Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn believes that the raid on his house this morning (Monday) was motivated by conflicts inside the Royal Thai Police.

He claimed that the warrant used to search his house was not legitimate. Surachate, who is a strong contender for the top police post, said he has already assigned his legal team to look into the legitimacy of the search warrant.

“I believe that those who applied to the court for the warrant deceived the court,” Surachate said. The search warrant police used to raid his house mentioned only the number of the house, not the name of the owner.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I believe that those who applied to the court for the warrant deceived the court ..names and addresses please????