Thai govt’s shocking move: Sparks fly as power tariff gets a jolt down

webfact

1 hour ago, retarius said:

10% down....I'll have some of that. Thank you mr Srettha, it's not true what they say about you.

Yes thank you. But where is diesel UNDER Bht 30 / litre. It went down Bht 2 to 30.37.

And please Mr PM, forget this tax on expats remittances, please.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

am a condo owner and have my own electricity meter,  the management has nothing to do with the price I pay as it's deducted by PEA every month from my bank account

I am a condo renter and it is the same for me.  So many people here don't know the difference between a condo and an apartment in connection with electricity bills or don't even know what type of property they actually live in!

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My previous unit cost was 4bht + 0.91FT - 0.9 FT discount = 4bht/unit.

My new unit cost is 3.9bht + 0.67FT = 4.57bht/unit.

It's actually a 12.5% increase in price for the vast majority of Thais (using less than 300 units).

New rate

1695791045617.jpg

Old Rate

IMG_20230702_071024.jpg

So a massive increase for the low unit users.

If you're an elderly Thai living on 500bht/month, that 12.5% increase is a significant blow.

Like everything from the Thai government, it's all lies, they aren't helping the people!

This is about the unit rate, that is being reduced, not the variable Ft charge, they are not lying.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

And Condo owners/management never reduce their excessive cheating prices per unit for electricity, Why doesnt gov pass laws to stop the charging 100% or higher for electric ? Thailand and its BS 

No-one forces you to rent a condo with excessive charges for either electricity or water.  Maybe doing your own research would help you, rather than trying to blame others for your ineptitude.

PH

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My previous unit cost was 4bht + 0.91FT - 0.9 FT discount = 4bht/unit.

My new unit cost is 3.9bht + 0.67FT = 4.57bht/unit.

It's actually a 12.5% increase in price for the vast majority of Thais (using less than 300 units).

New rate

1695791045617.jpg

Old Rate

IMG_20230702_071024.jpg

So a massive increase for the low unit users.

If you're an elderly Thai living on 500bht/month, that 12.5% increase is a significant blow.

Like everything from the Thai government, it's all lies, they aren't helping the people!

thank you,  that helped me feel better as I though there was an error on my bill as I didn't see any decrease, on the contrary there was an increase

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I find it concerning that the Thai government proudly proclaim they've cut my costs by 10% when in reality they've increased my costs by 12.5%.

I find it concerning that that amount is < $1 and you're moaning about it.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I find it concerning that the Thai government proudly proclaim they've cut my costs by 10% when in reality they've increased my costs by 12.5%.

Because there was a temporary discount for the FT as you know. That was never ment to be permanent. The discount is over. You also consumed more units and the rate is not fixed but variable depending on usage. The 10% higher unit count will be all in the highest bracket of your consumption ladder. These two factors (mostly the FT) lead to a higher average rate than you had before. But without the reduced rate as per OP you'd go back to an even higher average price per unit.

I do think the reporting can be misleading beause people who don't understand how an electricity bill works will just think they should pay 10% less. It doesn't help that the reporters always just speak about some price per unit as if it was fixed.

• Thumbs Up 1