Lotus’s go pet-friendly shopping paw-tnership in 100 stores in Thailand

webfact

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

A list of the affected stores is here:- https://corporate.lotuss.com/news/corporate/pet-friendly-mall1/

Sadly our local one is on it ???? 

Thanks for the list. I rarely go to the local Lotus's big store because of geography and traffic. I was in there the other day at 8 AM opening and walking through the mall corridor, I noticed either MK or KFC had a sign at the corridor entrance saying NO DOGS -- I thought that was odd. Why would there be a dog in the corridor?

But then I read here of the policy.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Really, I suggest you do a little more research Sir. Just a few of the infections dogs carry, which are easily passed to humans.......

Pasteurella, Salmonella, Brucella, Yersinia enterocolitica, Campylobacter, Capnocytophaga, Bordetella bronchiseptica, Coxiella burnetii, Leptospira, Staphylococcus intermedius and Methicillin resistance staphylococcus aureus 

Think about that the next time you see a dog kiss its owner after licking it Ar**.

Also get from a human. Be careful of them bar girls

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Sadly the EN option only covers half of the heading.

So no idea which branches to avoid

Use Google Translate like I did ???? 

I know it's an artifact of Google Translate, but this one made me smile: -

image.png.5b2551548f7157dba73ecaee7254edba.png

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

Sorry, I'm a dog owner / lover, but in food stores (even if in a bag/whatever) no way José!

Yes, keeping a dog's nose out of the displays and preventing a leg-lift over the corner will be difficult...  an unhygienic scenario. 

That said, during a hot season there was always a dog sat at the back of my local 7-11, near the chilled meats, which concerned me. The staff told me it was the owner keeping an eye on things. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, Bim Smith said:

Also get from a human. Be careful of them bar girls

LOL. I like it. I caught something from them years ago. It was diagnosed as slim wallet syndrome, symptoms are drunkenness, lack of memory, and a lighter than usual wallet....:burp:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Why because they are unclean? I could catch a 1000 things from you that could kill me. Not one from a dog except Rabies 

@AhFarangJa has already called you up on the numbers, but even if your claim were true, the big difference is that @Crossy is much less likely to jump over you with dirty paws (without any prior invitation) then proceed to slobber all over you or, indeed, all over the products that you may choose to purchase.

I will not be shopping at Lotus any more. I doubt they'll miss my custom, unfortunately. I'm sadly pretty sure that this will appeal to far more people than it puts off.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, JayClay said:

the big difference is that @Crossy is much less likely to jump over you with dirty paws (without any prior invitation) then proceed to slobber all over you or, indeed, all over the products that you may choose to purchase.

I thought that was the standard Mod greeting ???? 

• Like 1

Purely in the name of research (OK we needed some non-food stuff) I visited our local Lotus's's's (which is on the list).

I spoke to the security chap and pretty lady on Customer Service.

Between their (actually half decent) English and my (pretty useless) Thai we concluded that: -

• Dogs need to be in the basket or a stroller.
  • They are OK in the home and wear areas but cannot go into the area with fresh foods.
  • It was unclear about the packaged foods areas.

"No-dogs" signs were not in evidence at any of the food outlets, but it was still early and few were actually open.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Most of the staff in my tesco are muslim...customers as well.  But happy to take my little bloke with me when I shop if they would let me.

Dogs are considered haram in Islam, so I doubt a filthy dog would be welcome.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, John Drake said:

My Lotus has the chicken and other meat uncovered, laying out where you pick it up with tongs to put in a plastic bag.

Not the most hygienic of set-ups -- even leaving pets out of the equation. ????

I never buy meat in Thailand that's left out uncovered for hours with who knows what going on around it.

Big C used to do the same, but I have no idea if they still do...as it's been ages since I ever shopped there for any fresh meats.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1