Myth Night- Old MIT bar complex is now open

redwood1

17 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I dont understand the MYTH.  name. Is it like MILF bar. I guess all the girls are older. Is it MOTHERS YOU THINK .....something

Thais can hardly pronounce "myth" (trailing f). So you will just hear "midnight".

Somewhat snobbish attitude by business owners to choose names that ordinary Thais can't pronounce.

"EST" coke ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

I had a ride through on October 1st night - It was pretty busy, don't remember the time or much about the music.

It seemed like a lot of people were just bumbling around in the street between the bars, a little bizarre.

I'll give it a proper go this weekend to see if the novelty has worn off or if things have improved.

On 10/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, redwood1 said:

Has anyone been here?

Mixed reviews so far..

Beer price reports 80- 110 baht a beer

I,ll stick to LK Metro prices from 50 BAHT for a bottle of beer,????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I,ll stick to LK Metro prices from 50 BAHT for a bottle of beer,????

Comparing at 8pm at night, where are you getting 50 baht bottle of beer on LK Metro?

Cheapest I know is Scooters with 65 Baht all night. Rest I go to are 80-95 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Comparing at 8pm at night, where are you getting 50 baht bottle of beer on LK Metro?

Cheapest I know is Scooters with 65 Baht all night. Rest I go to are 80-95 

Just follow 'Pattaya LK Metro Bars' on FB to find the 50bht beers.

• Confused 1

On opening night it seemed every bar had a stereo system turned up to the max playing different songs with the result being it was so damn loud that having any kind of conversation without yelling was impossible.  Beer was 90 baht...music so loud waitress had her fingers in her ears and we literally had to shout our orders to her.

Now they have a live band that starts up about 9 or so every night and goes til 2 to 4 am.  It is so damn loud that it disrupts lots of hotels and condos in the area not to mention if you were actually there.  The Golden Beach hotel has half it's rooms right next door and my guess is every morning any guests in those rooms are at front desk demanding to change room or check out as it would be impossible to sleep there with the band blasting full volume so close by. Whoever owns that hotel cannot be very happy with the blasting music.

I frankly could not get out of there fast enough after one beer and until/unless they tone down the volume i don't know why anyone would want to go there...even if u liked a gal which was not a great selection that i could see how the heck you could even talk with her is not easy.

Much better bars, girls, prices etc very near by at tree town soi LK  buahkaow etc and even though some have loud music it is not nearly as obnoxious as the MYTH bunch and it does not take much looking to find beers at 65 baht or so at many bars where u can actually have a normal conversation .

I suspect that tourists will stumble in from second road and maybe they enjoy it...but as for local ex pats i really don't know why anyone would set foot in the place.  Also pretty dumb not to just open up foot traffic all the way through to tree town but it is hit and miss at best so far with a gate that is sometimes open sometimes locked.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Still no reports on lady drink or bar fine prices from Myth......

When i was there: 

1. i did not see any/many gals that i would be interested in bar fining and 2. even if i did i would have had to have a shouting conversation to determine prices etc.

• Like 1