Israel's options don't look good - but a full-scale military campaign in the near future is inevitable

Social Media

1 minute ago, placnx said:

This war has a counterpart on the West Bank with settler terrorism, and the struggle for Palestinian freedom is becoming universal as demonstrations are happening everywhere, even in countries like Germany that try to suppress anti-Israel speech.

The topic is rather specific. And this is a news section. Not a history class. Not a pile-evetything-that-have-to-do-with-it fest.

You seem eager to talk about pretty much anything but the OP. I don't think that the issues you go on and on about appear in it.

And please, maybe concentrate on addressing points made before bringing up more off topic issues?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Are you @thaibeachlovers? Because the post you quoted was a reply to his post, not one of yours. So, once again, deflection.

There was no 'blaming of the victims'. There was a comment pointing out that the Palestinians are routinely assigned an essentially passive role in all this by certain posters. If you deny that Palestinians decisions, policy and leadership had and have something to do with their ongoing predicament, than your already one-sided view is far gone.

No, the Burma thing was an anecdote, and hardly the crux of my post. On the other hand, you're again making excuses as regards the Palestinian side's inability to organize, unite, and work efficiently for a cause. Instead, you blame it all on others - Israel, Britain, whomever.

Since when am I excluded from the back & forth when you replied to @thatbeachlovers with something which I felt was another nitpicking as @placeholder has noticed, too? Deflection? No, correction.

I am fully aware of the Palestinians' organizing troubles, both historically and currently. Past Israeli governments had a part in this, as they didn't want Palestinians to have a credible government. That would have removed an excuse for not granting them more autonomy. So the Oslo arrangement has led the PA into becoming a stooge of Israel, assisting most of the time in oppressing the people and preventing alternate political actors from emerging. Then there is the lack of elections since 2006.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Aw shucks.

Demonizing Israel is an end in itself.

Facts?

Who needs facts.

Israel demonizers want it to be the Israelis that bombed the Gaza hospital even though they didn't.

Facts and truth aren't what they used to be.

The IDF is not known for truth when they are at fault, but of course other armies do the same. There are things that do not look right about the hospital narrative, but we may not be able ever to know for sure, unless something emerges from government archives many years hence.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, placnx said:

The IDF is not known for truth when they are at fault, but of course other armies do the same. There are things that do not look right about the hospital narrative, but we may not be able ever to know for sure, unless something emerges from government archives many years hence.

What you said is very different than the wild eyed genocidal Jew hating River to the Sea mobs are saying on the streets. To them they would never believe Israel didn't do it if you stuck the evidence in their faces.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Define freedom. 

Most want to kick out the Jews and take all of Israel. If they won't leave and most won't well then kill them. Same diff 

By now your should know my thoughts through numerous posts. I have spoken so many times of the two-state solution. While a state with equal rights was promised in Israel's Declaration of Independence, that would require the promised constitution that never happened (so now Israelis are faced with a malleable Basic Law which Bibi et al want to "fix").

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What you said is very different than the wild eyed genocidal Jew hating River to the Sea mobs are saying on the streets. To them they would never believe Israel didn't do it if you stuck the evidence in their faces.

On the BBC today at the Sydney demonstration the organizers are reported to have asked the participants not to shout inflamatory slogans, as this would undermine the subject, which maybe was asking for humanitarian aid and/or ceasefire. On some campuses in the US I have heard that the River to the Sea chant was uttered, and alumni are getting excited.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, placnx said:

By now your should know my thoughts through numerous posts. I have spoken so many times of the two-state solution. While a state with equal rights was promised in Israel's Declaration of Independence, that would require the promised constitution that never happened (so now Israelis are faced with a malleable Basic Law which Bibi et al want to "fix").

I can't remember such details about each poster.

When I hear Free Palestine! I always think that people should explain their definition.

There is no way that most people chanting that especially with the genocidal River to the Sea added, think like you do. They like the Hamas terrorists want to end Israel completely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placnx said:

On the BBC today at the Sydney demonstration the organizers are reported to have asked the participants not to shout inflamatory slogans, as this would undermine the subject, which maybe was asking for humanitarian aid and/or ceasefire. On some campuses in the US I have heard that the River to the Sea chant was uttered, and alumni are getting excited.

As well they should.

I would like to see people that aren't citizens who participate in pro genocide of Jews rallies to be deported.

Otherwise, it is free speech in the US anyway where even full blown Nazis can march. 

4 minutes ago, placnx said:

Yes, it is important for protestors to pretend that the Palestinians do not want all the Jews to be dead.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, it is important for protestors to pretend that the Palestinians do not want all the Jews to be dead.

Good one and for most of them, a spot on comment. They want to chant River to the Sea but some are now afraid of being doxed. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

As well they should.

I would like to see people that aren't citizens who participate in pro genocide of Jews rallies to be deported.

Otherwise, it is free speech in the US anyway where even full blown Nazis can march. 

No, they should not be made to tone it down. I think everyone should know how protestors really feel, without all the wink-wink-nudge-nudge idiocy. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, placnx said:

Why is this car park hospital incident just about the only one where there is a complete lack of physical evidence for a rocket/missile? Hamas had full access and were seen inspecting the pot hole.......oops, I mean crater.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Why is this car park hospital incident just about the only one where there is a complete lack of physical evidence for a rocket/missile? Hamas had full access and were seen inspecting the pot hole.......oops, I mean crater.

Liars always think everyone else is lying, 

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

No, they should not be made to tone it down. I think everyone should know how protestors really feel, without all the wink-wink-nudge-nudge idiocy. 

It can be helpful when genocidal fanatics out themselves.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, placnx said:

Since when am I excluded from the back & forth when you replied to @thatbeachlovers with something which I felt was another nitpicking as @placeholder has noticed, too? Deflection? No, correction.

I am fully aware of the Palestinians' organizing troubles, both historically and currently. Past Israeli governments had a part in this, as they didn't want Palestinians to have a credible government. That would have removed an excuse for not granting them more autonomy. So the Oslo arrangement has led the PA into becoming a stooge of Israel, assisting most of the time in oppressing the people and preventing alternate political actors from emerging. Then there is the lack of elections since 2006.

You are not excluded from anything. You said you were commenting in reply to my previous 'complaints'. of not doing so, then proceeded to address a totally different post. Not to hard to understand. You are still reluctant to do so.

No, you are not 'fully aware;, you keep blaming everything on Israel. As if the Palestinians are totally passive, helpless, can't get a handle of things, easily duped, tricked, and forced to do things.

All of what you posted above is only Israel's doing? Seriously?

26 minutes ago, placnx said:

What 'doesn't look right' to your conspiratorial mind? What evidence was produced that it was Israel's doing?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Good one and for most of them, a spot on comment. They want to chant River to the Sea but some are now afraid of being doxed. 

Don't worry, they'll be on a fast-track to citizenship soon, along with the 500K innocent Palestinian refugees that will be looking for a better like in the US.. 

14 minutes ago, placnx said:

Downplay. Minimize. Excuse.

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Don't worry, they'll be on a fast-track to citizenship soon, along with the 500K innocent Palestinian refugees that will be looking for a better like in the US.. 

Well I'm sure the US can always use more Uber and Doordash drivers (said in jest).

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not going to happen.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

What evidence to prove it was Hamas ? "Evidence" ?

Was discussed in detail on at least two parallel topics. You participated in at least one of them. Many links provided, pictures as well. Israel provided a reasonable explanation, Hamas provided nothing. Intelligence services of several Western countries accept Israel's version.

• Thanks 1