Move to boost tourism sector with worrying signals near the start of the country’s high season

webfact

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

Times are tight, people have less money, many return visitors have had their fill/had enough, baht still way overpriced, flights expensive, jittery faux government scaring people off, ensuing WWIII putting people off, cheaper booze at home etc etc etc. A free useless SIM and other superfluous ‘tempters’ won’t get people to come that don’t want to travel. 

From a tourists perspective the time has never been better, the Baht is at its lowest rate since 2016 (give or take one or two temporary spikes)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Got it!   All these tourists  went to  Bhutan.

"In a bid to attract international tourists, the beautiful Kingdom of Bhutan has decided to reduce its daily tourist fee of $200 (INR 16,509) to $100 (INR 8254). The kingdom has taken the decision to boost the tourism sector which is still waiting and struggling to recover even after a year after the end of COVID-19."

Bhutan tourist fee

$100 per DAY!!!!!!!!! No wonder not many bother.

• Haha 1

I am in the south of Phuket and accommodation wise it seems pretty busy, I have an apartment and judging by the amount of cars and bikes parked up it looks full, I know a couple of people who work in hotels I'll ask them if they are busy