Changed from a retirement visa to a marriage visa last month. Do I have to go through this whole process again next year?

You've a number of choices 

Stick with it, some of my friends are complaining about extra photo's being needed year on year.

Return to retirement, not a problem, if Immigration ask say too much paperwork.

Use an agent, at a cost, and I believe since tax has been spoken about it has jumped considerably.

Return to home country.

Move to another country.

The choice is yours.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Try to read the OP and comprehend it, which may be difficult for you, but here it goes.

The OP complained about the excessive paperwork involved with a marriage extension and questioned if it would be the same each year.

Yes I know you switched to marriage extension as well because you're skint. Not me, I can afford to have 800K parked in an account 12 months a year.

Only trolls, silly and brain-dead people use a lot of emojis in their posts, which one is you?

To even mention emojis is questionable, please stay focused.........🤭

Plus, I have never been on a retirement visa, seems daft if one is married and just show 400k in the bank for 60 days.

But you carry on, stash your cash over a few extra printouts..........:whistling:

In your own words, you made your bed, now lay in it........😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pinot said:

Does this get any easier in the second year? Will they require everything all over again? Thanks.

Yes you will need everything again. But you can make it easier by getting organised. Keep docs ready to be printed on your computer, then photos,  Kor Ror 2, Bank and off you go.

Also use only the 400k in the bank, don't even try the income option, some offices won't do it anyway.

I did 7 extensions, took about one day for each, needed also an extra hour or two to get the stamp. But when the LTR came, it was a no brainer,  just got it.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, connda said:

Have a checklist.  Keep multiple copies of reusable items (for example, hand-drawn map, your wife's house-book and id, your passport).  That leaves you with annual pictures.  If you want to get sneaky about it, take multiple pictures wearing different clothes. 

Copies of reusable items, good idea. For Rayong Office the multiple pictures wheeze wouldn't work, because they come round to visit. My pal does marriage extensions, and my missis is the "friendly neighbour", we go round for the visit every year. The process on the day seems very laid back and only takes a few minutes. The pile of paperwork seems a bit of a workup compared with my retirement extension, and a second trip to the office is required to pick up the passport with the new extension, but the less stringent financial requirement is certainly a factor for some.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinot said:

My question is what happens next year? Does this get any easier in the second year?

One thing that you should notice next year is that, once again, your annual extensions of stay will be dated from when your latest permission to stay expires rather than from when you applied for the extension (as was, I take it, the case this year because of your switch from retirement to marriage).

• Confused 1

Just now, OJAS said:

One thing that you should notice next year is that, once again, your annual extensions of stay will be dated from when your latest permission to stay expires rather than from when you applied for the extension (as was, I take it, the case this year because of your switch from retirement to marriage).

That is the same with every extension

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, OJAS said:

What on earth are you banging on about????

You pretend that this is only the case with an extension based on marriage, but an extension based on retirement, or based on any other subject, the extension is also dated when the previous one expires, not the date you apply.

Edited by Sheryl
civility
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Also use only the 400k in the bank, don't even try the income option, some offices won't do it anyway.

From where did you get that from? I doubt whether there is a single office in the land that would reject the oncome method. They would certainly have no just cause for doing so.

• Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Yes, you have to do it every year.

...and for a visa/work permit. Every year photos of the premises, staff, me at a desk, staff at work. et al. and sit for most of the day in area M at Chaengwattana. Just part of the cost of doing business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

From where did you get that from? I doubt whether there is a single office in the land that would reject the oncome method. They would certainly have no just cause for doing so.

Actually, without a work permit and/or tax payment, they could have cause I suspect.  But if legally working here with required income it should be accepted - but have seen reports that this might not always be the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

...and for a visa/work permit. Every year photos of the premises, staff, me at a desk, staff at work. et al. and sit for most of the day in area M at Chaengwattana. Just part of the cost of doing business. 

Exactly. That is the system and as much as we may not like it we have to abide by it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Changed the following year to simple extension to stay, one piece of paper, and a photograph of just me. 

What extension did you get with one piece of paper and a photograph.

I've been here 17 years on extensions for marriage, retirement, Non-B and back to retirement using 6 different offices and every year is a paper chase (next year expect to have to submit a total of 24 pages for retirement, 5 of which have to be obtained from my local office first for completion and inclusion in the pack).

I am forced to assume you used an agent to obtain it with not even proof of finances.

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I'm on my 6th marriage extension, its really no big deal. 400k in the bank for 60 days prior, I print the same photos, documents every year. As others have said, 1st stop ampher as they open, to get kor ror 2, next stop bank for the letter, get to immigration mid morning, there is never much of a queue like the retire desk, all done and finished by lunchtime. start spending the 400k.

One small point.

KR 2 hasn't been required for a few years now. Immigration office computers have access to that information, but, as we all know, some offices have been known to invent their own set of rules. It might be an idea to check if it is still required next time you apply for your extension. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

One small point.

KR 2 hasn't been required for a few years now. Immigration office computers have access to that information, but, as we all know, some offices have been known to invent their own set of rules. It might be an idea to check if it is still required next time you apply for your extension. 

I've never heard of the databases being linked, Its certainly still required in Pattaya, and they probably do more marriage extensions than any other office. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I've never heard of the databases being linked, Its certainly still required in Pattaya, and they probably do more marriage extensions than any other office. 

Yeah.

The first we knew about it at Buriram office was a couple of years ago when the officer removed KR 2 from the bundle of docs. and dropped it in the bin. He then explained about the linked information.

Like I said you should ask your local office about this. It would save a bit of running around.

• Like 1