Thai Deputy Prime Minister Warns Entertainment Venues that Extended Hours Do Not Cover Alcohol Sales

webfact

10 minutes ago, BenStark said:

So how do bars now sell liquor outside those hours?

Hotels are allowed to serve alcohol to guests at any time of day, and airports are allowed to sell alcohol to passengers who are departing on international flights. Additionally, some provinces have been granted special permission to extend the hours of alcohol sales. For example, in the tourist city of Pattaya, bars and nightclubs are allowed to operate until 4:00 a.m. I believe the excise department can also give special authorization and entertainment licenses too. 

It is not very rational in Thailand.

2 hours ago, jippytum said:

The government keep changing laws for personal profit without thinking long term. Cannabis laws a perfect example. Now bars can open untl 4.0 am in some areas but can  not sell beer after 2.0 a m. Dumber and Dumber. Will they ever learn?? 

There are reasons why they do what they do.

But mostly those reasons have little to do with benefits for Thais and Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You got to be freaking kidding me. All this BS news to increase hours, to now once again, like seriously, come up with alcohol times??? They deserve zero tourists. Even those that visit Thailand barely bother to go in a scam bar of scam Thailand. It's like you almost need to ask permission to go into the pool, same they closed chlorine pools during covid. Zero brains really.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

sometimes i see how the government comes up with new rules that defies common sense and logic...

Applies to everyone here, not only politicians. But, like the days when the sale of alcohol is forbidden, everyone is free to stock up before the clock reaches 2. Just another pointless and unenforceable law, which would rarely be policed anyway.

2 hours ago, YaDongImproved said:

For example, in the tourist city of Pattaya, bars and nightclubs are allowed to operate until 4:00 a.m.

Pretty sure it's 2am and only in certain parts of Pattaya ie. the "special entertainment zone".

They should drop that afternoon no sales nonsense 2 till 5 most tourist think thats is stupid, 

When your on holiday nothing better than a ice cold beer or two in the afternoon 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

Amazing Thailand! If I can only order a beer until 2 a.m., but wanna party at the club until 4 a.m., do I have to take very small sips from my beer till 4 a.m., or should I, perhaps, switch to milk? LOL - Perhaps they should use the prohibition ruse, and serve alcohol in tea cups...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Shop mak said:

+1.

I said the same last week, only to get replies like one should not live near bar areas. The same replies ignored the fact that bars might have moved in later than residents. And with more bars moving in, more loud music are added.

Some can't live without their fix of alcohol, and nightlife. Never mind that the majority want to sleep before midnight until dawn. No regard or respect for other people. Some of them will comment soon.

I think that's more to do with lack (or lack of enforcement) of zone rules.

I don't know if there that much of a difference, in terms of noise/sleep if the bar next door is open until 2am or 4am.