Anutin Clarifies Alcohol Sales Will Be Allowed During Extended Entertainment Hours

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Qualified entertainment venues in approved, legal, entertainment zones would be allowed to serve alcoholic beverages until 4AM.

Thereby dashing RTP's hopes of an after hours' bonanza.  (Though they probably get to decide which venues are approved.)

14 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

What's wrong with this people. Can't they just agree what's gonna happen and communicate. Not this, one day off, next day on statements.

Write a legislation and stick to it. Or is it just the usual ambiguity to make the RTP make their monetary goals.... and the system goes on, and on...

no this is Anutin at his fnest.

Go back to everything he said about covid.

Then look at what he has done with the Marijuana rules or lack there of.

This is a military government that has for the past few years enacted policies that make no sense without fully thinking them out and providing the necessary structure before.

Consider that they have left Pattaya out of this.  Why?  it has one of the most highly populated bars and drinking tourism spots in the country.

Again the military is trying to do everything it can to improve the way it looks to the Thai people although I am not sure how keeping Cowboy and nana open is going to make Thai people happy.

BTW yes I know that the PTP is the PM but it is the military that is propping them up and pulling the strings.

If your going to allow it allow it for all areas I see Koh Samui Koh Phangan and Koh Tao which are all in Suratthani province has not been given the okay having said that as a long term residence I have no problem being able to buy a drink 24/7 in any of these islands as you will always find a bar open as no doubt the old bill have received there monthly contribution to the coffee fund 

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

This is a military government that has for the past few years enacted policies that make no sense without fully thinking them out and providing the necessary structure before.

Consider that they have left Pattaya out of this.  Why?  it has one of the most highly populated bars and drinking tourism spots in the country.

Again the military is trying to do everything it can to improve the way it looks to the Thai people although I am not sure how keeping Cowboy and nana open is going to make Thai people happy.

BTW yes I know that the PTP is the PM but it is the military that is propping them up and pulling the strings.

The only person pulling the strings is the inpatient holed up in a very nice hospital suite 

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

This guy is a complete and utter embarrassment to the government..  

he made a complete fiasco with the cannabis change and now seems to be doing the same with the alcohol serving times.

Better have someone speak out who knows what they're talking about.

And remember the time he critised the dr's during covid. There was outrage over this. Can someone please update his wikipedia page....

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The bars in Pattaya think that the new rules apply to Chonburi, as well.

6 hours ago, hotchilli said:

This guy is a complete and utter embarrassment to the government..  

he made a complete fiasco with the cannabis change and now seems to be doing the same with the alcohol serving times.

Better have someone speak out who knows what they're talking about.

We could be in for a long wait with this present bunch...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

"Consider that they have left Pattaya out of this"

Consider reading the  2nd post by the OP - just a tiny bit below the first one!:-

"Meanwhile, it’s already been widely announced that closing times will be officially extended to 4am in some zones in Bangkok, Phuket, Chon Buri (code for Pattaya) and Chiang Mai."

P.S. I agree with everything else in your post!

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

The only person pulling the strings is the inpatient holed up in a very nice hospital suite 

Naw, I think he is definitely pulling some strings BUT he also has to remember that if he upsets the military they can shut him down very quickly.  He only got back into the country because he made deals with them.

Right now the only thing keeping them together is the fact that they know that PTP and the other parties will lose more of their support to the MFP if they bail on the coalition too soon.

As has been stated Anutin is the man with the internal domestic power.

The Pm is a figure head puppet.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

"Consider that they have left Pattaya out of this"

Consider reading the  2nd post by the OP - just a tiny bit below the first one!:-

"Meanwhile, it’s already been widely announced that closing times will be officially extended to 4am in some zones in Bangkok, Phuket, Chon Buri (code for Pattaya) and Chiang Mai."

P.S. I agree with everything else in your post!

That is the first time they have mentioned Chonburi is this another change or is it a typo.  

I really have a hard time understanding anything that this government is doing.  They are trying so hard to make it hard to understand so no one will know that they have not got a clue

The less influence the government has on market-controlled mechanism, the better for the private industry as well as for the tax-coffers of the government. You can see this in many Western countries which were "over regulated" some 30, 40 years ago with business hours of supermarkets, department stores, restaurants etc. 

Over time the government realized, that if they let the market decide, then the venue operator will open as long as he has customers - as they ultimately decide, where to shop, eat, drink etc. So, if the shop has staff and enough business, they remain open. Bottom line in many European countries was, that of 100 restaurants maybe 4 or 5 remain open 24/7; see existing modules in Thailand doing exactly the same. Foodland, 7/11 etc. are open 24/7, the department stores and supermarkets like Big C Extra or Lotus's's's's's open 12 to 14 hours only. 

Anutin should change his tailor, the expensive silk shirt must have been cut by a cross-eyed seamstress. He also might want to re-align the priorities; instead of correcting a mistake (by either him or the media) he should focus more on cleaning up his corrupt police force or his absolutely over-bureaucratized immigration with all their photocopies and blue inked signatures ;-)   Latter might not happen though as he coined the "dirty farang" statement and, for sure, has neither apologized nor changed his stance 8-) 

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Clarified a misunderstanding he created.... better just to keep his dumb mouth shut!

and miss his opportunity to grace us all with his smile and charisma and photo opp? a good misunderstanding from Anutin can have him back in front of the cameras 4 or 5 times before everyone finally understands him

14 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The less influence the government has on market-controlled mechanism, the better for the private industry as well as for the tax-coffers of the government. You can see this in many Western countries which were "over regulated" some 30, 40 years ago with business hours of supermarkets, department stores, restaurants etc. 

Over time the government realized, that if they let the market decide, then the venue operator will open as long as he has customers - as they ultimately decide, where to shop, eat, drink etc. So, if the shop has staff and enough business, they remain open. Bottom line in many European countries was, that of 100 restaurants maybe 4 or 5 remain open 24/7; see existing modules in Thailand doing exactly the same. Foodland, 7/11 etc. are open 24/7, the department stores and supermarkets like Big C Extra or Lotus's's's's's open 12 to 14 hours only. 

Anutin should change his tailor, the expensive silk shirt must have been cut by a cross-eyed seamstress. He also might want to re-align the priorities; instead of correcting a mistake (by either him or the media) he should focus more on cleaning up his corrupt police force or his absolutely over-bureaucratized immigration with all their photocopies and blue inked signatures ;-)   Latter might not happen though as he coined the "dirty farang" statement and, for sure, has neither apologized nor changed his stance 8-) 

There has to be some rules and government control.  if there isn't imagine what the world would look like.

As to rules on bars and alcohol.  There need to be rules to prevent Somchai next door from opening an all-night bar with loud music and underage as well as all-night parties.

They also hve to have rules to help the staff working at these bars.

Allyou have to do is look at how wild west the marijuana market has become when they opened it up.

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

There has to be some rules and government control.  if there isn't imagine what the world would look like.

As to rules on bars and alcohol.  There need to be rules to prevent Somchai next door from opening an all-night bar with loud music and underage as well as all-night parties.

Allyou have to do is look at how wild west the marijuana market has become when they opened it up.

Rules and Laws mean nothing here, did you just arrive in-country?

2 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Fully agree, it takes a simple set of rules; minimum age of customers and staff, noise level not higher than X (if at all) and clearly stipulated working conditions. Guess what, all this is already written for decades but instead of enforcing the law, the bent rules serve to line the pockets of the selected few. 
So all those clowns at the interior ministry do is repeat what has been repeated over and over already. How about enFORCEment of those absolutely normal, acceptable rules?

A decade ago I tried to get neighboring Somchai with his Karaoke (no licenses for anything like selling booze, playing music etc.) to tune down the extremely high noise level. He would not listen and all neighbors were sick and tired of his behavior.

The BiB just laughed when I wanted to file a complaint. Some butyric acid poured in front of the establishment's door step in the midday hours finally did the trick and he went out of business  due to the unbearable but otherwise harmless stench. 

Would he have played by the rules, would the BiB enforced those rules, all would have been OK - and that's my point ;-) 

When will the stupid law regarding alcohol sales hours be thrown into the trash can? A completely stupid law that no one needs. After all, there is already a law that prohibits the sale of alcohol to people under the age of 21. Show your ID and you're good. When ordering alcohol online, the delivery person can also ask the recipient to show their ID.

I hate it to look all the times for the time when we drive weekly to Pattaya for shopping. One person more in your front and it's 02:01 pm at the cashier and you can drive home without a box of beer. And in the local shops they don't have my beer.

55 minutes ago, snowgard said:

When will the stupid law regarding alcohol sales hours be thrown into the trash can? A completely stupid law that no one needs. After all, there is already a law that prohibits the sale of alcohol to people under the age of 21. Show your ID and you're good. When ordering alcohol online, the delivery person can also ask the recipient to show their ID.

I hate it to look all the times for the time when we drive weekly to Pattaya for shopping. One person more in your front and it's 02:01 pm at the cashier and you can drive home without a box of beer. And in the local shops they don't have my beer.

Where do you come from.  There is no country that I know of that has bars open 24/7 and alcohol legally for sale