Family of Three Killed in Chonburi Car Accident

snoop1130

400481451_825561716243315_8178969804762016452_n-696x393.jpg

A car collision in Chonburi province on Tuesday night resulted in the tragic loss of a three-member family, including a 5-year-old girl.

The accident occurred on November 7th on the Bo Thong – Khlong Ta Phet Road in the Bo Thong sub-district, Bo Thong district, Chonburi province. Chonburi police and emergency responders rushed to the scene to find a pickup truck, registered in Samut Prakan province, having crashed into a Honda Wave 125 motorbike with three occupants.

Three victims, including 35-year-old Mr. Morn, 33-year-old Mrs. Chauwen, and a 5-year-old girl, were found sprawled on the road. Mr. Morn had succumbed to severe arm and head injuries. Mrs. Chauwen and the girl, whose name was withheld due to her age, were later pronounced dead during their transit to Bo Thong Hospital. According to police, all three deceased victims were from Thailand’s neighboring country and were a family.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: The Pattaya News 2023-11-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 7

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
25 minutes ago, impulse said:

to tell the cops what happened

I wonder what that was

According to the 73-year-old driver of the pickup truck, Mr. Somlak Wattanasombat, the victims reportedly swerved to evade another vehicle before they lost control and crashed into him. Chonburi police were examining CCTV footage to identify his claim.

He may be lying through his teeth.  I don't claim to know. 

My main takeaway is that he survived to tell the story because he had 4 wheels and a seatbelt.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

According to the 73-year-old driver of the pickup truck, Mr. Somlak Wattanasombat, the victims reportedly swerved to evade another vehicle before they lost control and crashed into him. Chonburi police were examining CCTV footage to identify his claim.

He may be lying through his teeth.  I don't claim to know. 

My main takeaway is that he survived to tell the story because he had 4 wheels and a seatbelt.

Yes, but was he wearing it?

And this is news why? This is normal, regular, expected here. Its almost a weekly occurrence and has been for decades.  Nothing is done, so it will continue.  I don't even bother to read the details anymore, there is no point, like London busses, one more will be around very soon. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Anyone who gets on a motorbike in Thailand has a death wish.

Years ago, if me and the Mrs  went to eat someplace near the house, I would put her on the back of the bike.... seemed unnecessary to get the truck out..... this usually involved getting across Hwy 36, both ways.  I don't no more, boy it got busy and reckless.