Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Just listened to that Thai guy. Ihad no idea Israel took 6,000 hostages before Oct 7, not alloing their familes to visit them. If this is true, then Palestinians had a right to retaliate.

@Neeranam

Israel did not 'take hostages', other than in your imagination. Palestinians do get arrested on terrorism charges.

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Who are you to say he is not morally sound?? :cheesy:

Who are you to say he is lying?

Unbelievable.

@Neeranam

Because I do not believe his moral stance is sound. And while I did not use the word 'lying' I think he did say things which aren't true.

Not too hard to understand. Naturally, you cannot or will not counter this with facts.

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, I did. I don't see the relevance of your comment

@Neeranam

You claim Hamas actions are justified (maybe even righteous, I dunno).

And that they are directed against Israel.

How does chopping a Thai guy with a hoe figure into that world view?

How does killing scores of other Thais and abducting others morally justified?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

If there's something I learned on these topics is that you do not answer questions, at least not in any meaningful way. Whenever you can't make a point, troll or caught out posting obvious nonsense/lies - you huff and puff, then dodge behind the 'ignore' shield (for a while, at least).

As usual, you turn our dialogue immediately into a personal flame.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Now you have the benefit of religion I thankfully do not, so my soul and the devil don't compute.

Whatever the Hamas leader has said is your normal deflection away from the post you questioned originally but as you brought it up I'll give you my take on it.

Hamas will lose this war as they are fighting a far better armed and supported military who don't care how many innocent Palestinians they kill on the way, putting that to one side, what next?

My guess is Israel will go back to normal running Gaza as an open-air prison with all the same restrictions on Palestinians as before, but this time International support for Gaza will be huge as the one thing that is getting out to the world is the fact that Israel is a Apartheid state with the morals of an alleycat. 

Although the expression of selling one's soul to the devil began as a religious saying, it also now has a secular meaning of gaining wealth, success, power, etc. by doing something bad or dishonest.

There are also arguments that Israel is not an apartheid state.

https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/10-reasons-israel-is-not-an-apartheid-state_b_9128056

Edited by Hawaiian
Fix link
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

You claim Hamas actions are justified (maybe even righteous, I dunno).

And that they are directed against Israel.

How does chopping a Thai guy with a hoe figure into that world view?

How does killing scores of other Thais and abducting others morally justified?

I just said, I'll answer your questions if you answer mine.

Why do you reply to my posts, saying I have a 'rabbit'?

Where have I lied in this thread?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I just said, I'll answer your questions if you answer mine.

Why do you reply to my posts, saying I have a 'rabbit'?

Where have I lied in this thread?

@Neeranam

What does your comment have to do with the post replied to?

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Now you have the benefit of religion I thankfully do not, so my soul and the devil don't compute.

Whatever the Hamas leader has said is your normal deflection away from the post you questioned originally but as you brought it up I'll give you my take on it.

Hamas will lose this war as they are fighting a far better armed and supported military who don't care how many innocent Palestinians they kill on the way, putting that to one side, what next?

My guess is Israel will go back to normal running Gaza as an open-air prison with all the same restrictions on Palestinians as before, but this time International support for Gaza will be huge as the one thing that is getting out to the world is the fact that Israel is a Apartheid state with the morals of an alleycat. 

Polishing your crystal ball into your version of the future does not redeem your lack of morals in not denouncing the message from the Thai hostage mediator

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

What he said was already addressed up topic. You choice seems to be to deflect, ignore or re-quote his words again - rather than address comments made.

@Morch

Are you saying he was lying?

Israel didn't take 6,000 prisoners and refuse their families to see them?

I am neither deflecting or ignoring anything he said, jeez.

• Confused 1

So only 8 released innocent Israeli women and children for 30 Palestinians. I read Hamas were unable to find more woman or children which is very worrying.

Those released: * Aisha Alziadne, 17 * Bilal Alziadne, 18 * Shani Goren, 19 * Mia Schem, 21 * Sapir Cohen, 29 * Ilana Grichevsky, 30 * Nili Margalit, 40 * Amit Susana, 40

Source

image.png.3d106d12027247017dccf3fbab6c6784.png

Which leaves at least one mother who is soon to die of cancer still waiting for the release of her dear daughter.

image.png.000c9e7cd5909197dd7b38c922432da9.png

Liora Argamani, mother of Noa Argamani, taken hostage by Hamas from the Nova rave, asked the media to share this video. She has brain cancer and doesn’t know how much time she has left - her dying wish is for Noa to return home.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

If there's something I learned on these topics is that you do not answer questions, at least not in any meaningful way. Whenever you can't make a point, troll or caught out posting obvious nonsense/lies - you huff and puff, then dodge behind the 'ignore' shield (for a while, at least).

What do you mean ''caught out"?   I have never been caught out about anything.

You really think you are moderating this thread, don't you?

Sorry my anwers are not meaningful :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Unbelievable that you ask anyone who sympathizes with the Palestians for links, yet don't give them yourself.

To graphic to post a link to that but its out there unfortunately, an awful vid of the attempted beheading of a Thai worker who was still alive when the hack started, carried out with a shovel type tool. PM me if you really want to see it.

image.png.66b9b528b5e21ea933715ac051082ea8.png

• Sad 1

These practices have been classified by the United Nations and international human rights organisations as an unfolding genocide, and a plethora of other war crimes. But we must also understand them as part and parcel of the wider Zionist project that seeks to ethnically cleanse Historic Palestine of its indigenous residents. From the bombing of Tarshiha in 1948 to the large-scale ongoing bombardment of Gaza in 2023, this is the continuation of a process that began many decades ago.

https://www.newarab.com/opinion/tarshiha-gaza-israels-ethnic-cleansing-continues

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:
2 hours ago, Morch said:

Guess you missed that clip of a Thai worker in Israel being hacked to death by Hamas men using a hoe.

Yes, I did. I don't see the relevance of your comment

Not answering is common. It's also called "Cancel Culture" and everybody does it to some extent, but none more so than the very people who loudly proclaim it the greatest of evils and blame it on a political group. Go figure huh. Where is that guy who likes Thai beaches? He cannot comment on anything he has cancelled out, and that is a lot. Not too different eh, Just the world we live in.

Edited by Dcheech
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

These practices have been classified by the United Nations and international human rights organisations as an unfolding genocide, and a plethora of other war crimes. But we must also understand them as part and parcel of the wider Zionist project that seeks to ethnically cleanse Historic Palestine of its indigenous residents. From the bombing of Tarshiha in 1948 to the large-scale ongoing bombardment of Gaza in 2023, this is the continuation of a process that began many decades ago.

https://www.newarab.com/opinion/tarshiha-gaza-israels-ethnic-cleansing-continues

Is this your other go to media source apart from Al Jazeera? New Arab also Qatar owned

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

@Neeranam

Guess you missed that clip of a Thai worker in Israel being hacked to death by Hamas men using a hoe.

Was explained earlier that 7th of October attacks was composed out of a mixture of different militia factions within Gaza followed by many civilians that was not part of these more ore less targeted attacks of :

1. Kibbutzim to take maximum hostages after neutralizing Israeli security forces

2. Military bases around Gaza : neutralizing them to be able to take maximum of hostages

3. Rave party : was not foreseen or planned int the attacks because it was not announced in advanced of the extension day on 7th of October 2023

Many lootings and extra judicial killings (like the Thai worker) happened but were not part of the plan of taking hostages. Telling that all Gaza militants went out for extra judicial killings and looting is not correct. It just fits the Israeli narrative...

Edited by Thorgal
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1