Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This topic appears to be anything about the war between Hamas and Israel and motivations are a strong part of that. You have never got a bad word to say about Israel.

What has that got to do with your previous post where you claimed I was trolling you? This topic is about events in the Hamas Israel war that started on Oct 7th.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What has that got to do with your previous post where you claimed I was trolling you? This topic is about events in the Hamas Israel war that started on Oct 7th.

It didn't start on the 7th. That's an Israeli propaganda myth.

• Confused 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Trolling again.

Israel formally declares war against Hamas as it battles to push militants off its soil Oct 7th

Topic Header
The War in Israel
Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.

Israel declaring war against Hamas does not mean the war started on that date. The Israelis would love people to think the Hamas attack occurred out of the blue.

• Confused 3

Just now, ozimoron said:

Have you ever thought of addressing any points I have raised? You need a timeout. Seriously, you have lost all sense of balance.

Why would I when you are intend on taking this off topic. I have no need to address any of your points because you say so. I will however do so as and when I wish

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why would I when you are intend on taking this off topic. I have no need to address any of your points because you say so. I will however do so as and when I wish

How about, I will discuss any topic that relates to the Israel / Hamas war at any time I feel like it and you stop calling me a troll for doing so?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

How about, I will discuss any topic that relates to the Israel / Hamas war at any time I feel like it and you stop calling me a troll for doing so?

More troll baiting, have you noticed your posts removed for being off topic yet?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This topic appears to be anything about the war between Hamas and Israel and motivations are a strong part of that. You have never got a bad word to say about Israel.

If a poster can not say anything negative about what Israel have done i the last 2 months, it really is sad and they will never change. Inoticed this in a few Zionists at the start and therefore ignored them early.

Firing a hail of bullets into 3 young men in civilian clothes and waving a white flag, for example... they will all be hiding, rather than accept this is reality of Israeli politics.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you are involved in a close combat fire fight , you either shot first of get shot dead yourself .

The IDF did make a mistake and there will be an enquiry to find out what went wrong . 

The most telling thing about this situation is that Israel immediately held its hands up and admitted wrong doing , Hamas would have denied everything and put the blame on Israel .

Israel have been honest, Hamas would have lied 

Most likely Israel held its hands up and admitted wrong doing because there was no way that this story could be suppressed. Too many Israeli soldiers witnessed the event and would feel compelled to inform the families of the hostages what had occurred.  On the other hand, I doubt that Israeli soldiers are going to feel compelled to report on similar incidents that may have occurred where the victims were Palestinians. Keep in mind that a major motivation for the incursion is vengeance. And most reporters have fled Gaza. Not without reason.

Reuters, AFP Say Israeli Tank Responsible for Deadly Attack on Journalists

Reuters and Agence France-Presse have each published an investigation into an October attack in southern Lebanon that killed a journalist and injured six others, saying their findings indicate the group was hit by Israeli tank rounds...

Reuters and AFP said the journalists were clearly identified as members of the press wearing flak jackets and helmets.

An initial tank round struck the group, followed quickly by a second, the news agencies said. Reuters journalist Issam Abdallah was killed, while two of his Reuters colleagues and an AFP journalist were among those hurt.

https://www.voanews.com/a/reuters-afp-says-israeli-tank-responsible-for-deadly-attack-on-journalists/7387933.html

In fact, the Israeli govt has alleged that journalists in Gaza were actually working with Hamas including journalists working for the the NY Times, Reuters and AP.

Israel Accuses Freelance Photographers of Advance Knowledge of Oct. 7 Attack

The Israeli government on Thursday accused freelance photographers for several major news organizations, including The New York Times, of being “accomplices” in the killing and abductions of Israeli soldiers and civilians by Hamas fighters — an allegation The Times vigorously denied about its freelancer.

The government seized on a report by a pro-Israel media watchdog group, Honest Reporting, which has long accused The Times and other news organizations of anti-Israel bias in their coverage of Israel’s conflict with the Palestinians.

“These journalists were accomplices in crimes against humanity,” the public diplomacy department of the prime minister’s office said in a tersely worded statement. “Their actions were contrary to professional ethics.”

https://archive.ph/edQYa

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/09/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-hamas-photographers.html

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

And why do you think Hamas committed those atrocities? Not about racist? It's either that or Israeli repression. I think it's racism on both sides. The Israelis are quick to jump on the antisemitic bandwagon and now you think racism isn't to blame.

Racism, Apartheid, war crimes , genocide , Islamophobia : anything else that I missed ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

I wonder if these were vengeful/rogue soldiers  or the were given orders. We know Netanahu's plan(that was uncivered recently) to get all Gazans to leave for Egypt etc.

It sounds like you hope this one mistake will somehow win this war for the Hamas terrorists. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It's a reality of the fog of war.

Mistakes are made.

That was a big mistake. 

Demonizing Zionism in a general way

shows ignorance and hatred.

This was obviosulsy Not a mistake. I was watching an expert on Sky say that studies have been done that show only 14% of gunshot wounds are fatal, and this is not like cowboy films. In order for 3 seperate people to be killed by gunshots, there must have been rounds and rounds of bullets. They saw they were not Hamas soldiers, they saw them waving a white flag, really, I can't believe you are defending this...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

I wonder if these were vengeful/rogue soldiers  or the were given orders. We know Netanahu's plan(that was uncivered recently) to get all Gazans to leave for Egypt etc.

Impossible to know for sure. But given that there were lots of Israeli soldiers there as witnesses, I suspect that the IDF is reporting this incident honestly. Not because it believes in being honest, but because there would be no way to suppress the truth. 

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It sounds like you hope this one mistake will somehow win this war for the Hamas terrorists. Good luck with that.

This one mistake highlights the policy of Israel and all around the world the protests are going to get bigger.

This is more than an isolated mistake.

I don't want the Hamas terrorist to win this war, I am impartial. If I was either Muslim or Jewish, I would probably be the blinkered same.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's a reality of the fog of war.

Mistakes are made.

That was a big mistake. 

Demonizing Zionism in a general way

shows ignorance and hatred.

Did you see the video I replied to you?

Noam Chomsky disagreeing with what you said about there being no Apartheid in Israel. Well actually that it was worse than Apartheid?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Colonialism, ethnic cleansing, wearing white after labor day.

Those Jews!

Given * a bombing policy that even the Biden administration thinks is way over the top, you think a charge of ethnic cleansing is presumptively invalid? Allow me to acquaint you with the definition of ethnic cleansing

"Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, or religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing#:~:text=Ethnic cleansing is the systematic,making a region ethnically homogeneous.

• Confused 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Did you see the video I replied to you?

Noam Chomsky disagreeing with what you said about there being no Apartheid in Israel. Well actually that it was worse than Apartheid?

You're wrong.

He distinguishes between citizens of Israel and the West Bank situation  

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Given * a bombing policy that even the Biden administration thinks is way over the top, you think a charge of ethnic cleansing is presumptively invalid? Allow me to acquaint you with the definition of ethnic cleansing

"Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, or religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing#:~:text=Ethnic cleansing is the systematic,making a region ethnically homogeneous.

Nope.

It would be if the moving was permanent.

It's war evacuation just as large populations of Israel have recently done.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Is this a religious war?

The Israel V Muslim Country confrontation is based on Religion .

Muslims consider Jews and Christians  to be unbelievers and only Muslims believe in the true God.

Muslims view it as a Religious war, Israel  views it as a battle for survival 

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This one mistake highlights the policy of Israel and all around the world the protests are going to get bigger.

This is more than an isolated mistake.

I don't want the Hamas terrorist to win this war, I am impartial. If I was either Muslim or Jewish, I would probably be the blinkered same.

Dream on. It's obvious to any reader that you share the goals of Hamas in regards to the future of Israel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Israel V Muslim Country confrontation is based on Religion .

Muslims consider Jews and Christians  to be unbelievers and only Muslims believe in the true God.

Muslims view it as a Religious war, Israel  views it as a battle for survival 

It's based on land and resources.