British citizen stranded in Thai hospital with a 400,000 baht plea to escape

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

If he has leukemia he needs to see an oncologist to begin treatment.  He should have had his own health insurance. And I’m sure he won’t begin treatment in Thailand. 
Blood soaked sheets?  Hospital is like a war zone?  I find that very hard to believe. 

It's very very busy and nothing like a private Hospital, I've been and didn't enjoy the experience at all.

Edited by Badrabbit
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Barnet1900 said:

Government hospitals lack many things compared to private versions but the picture he's painting is utter bs.

I've been in Red Cross hospitals here and the medical staff were great. 

Complete tosser

Playing to the gallery to boost the fund.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Here we go again. Self inflicted injury, and hopes other people will bail him out.

Ah, the arrogance of a foreigner that denigrates the locals for being "primitive", despite a bum gun being superior to wiping one's nether region with paper.

This is from the Mirror newspaper. The worst tabloid in the UK. I doubt its what he said or how he said it. The war-torn and the hose comment were probably said jokingly with British wit? And the newspaper turned it into a sensation piece. Its what they do.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I don't think you can just walk out. I have been to dental centers and a hospital here and the cashier is right there before you get to the elevator and they are definately watching so you don't leave. I had a question at the cashier last time and staff immediately appeared behind me quicker then usual. I think they would call security if he just walked out.

The wards are locked at bkk phuket hospital. The lady at the desk can release the door or the staff have a little thing they can tap to a hidden receiver in the wall next to the door to release it. I had to get regular treatment in the wards and noticed them doing it.

I imagine vachira is similar

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, quake said:

But the best bit was this.

Got to laugh at that comment !!!!!!!!!!!. :coffee1:

No Paper... Lol.

Went to my local park for some exercise as usual.

There is a toilet block for the people at the park,

I needed to take a dump so went in for the first time to use the facilities.

Four traps each side, four for male four for females..

Open door to trap one, the floor level squat affair... pass.

Trap two, same... pass.

Trap three, door locked out of order.

Trap four, euro style toilet [non-flush], okay, sit down do the business, look around, no paper, just a tank full of water and a bowl.

Hands now wet, ar$e dripping with water... nothing to dry anything on !!!!!

Thailand 2023...

Edited by hotchilli
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

despite what anyone says, it is a hospitals duty to accept any and all emergency cases without question. Im not saying to walk out without paying is morally right, thats another story, but legally he doesn’t have to pay a cent. 

you really are making assumptions - whatever the onus on a hospital to treat, is not the point.

Firstly you are assuming that Thai hospitals are universally equipped to deal with all situations - this is just not true.

THe next question is HOW they decide to treat the patient - they are by no means bound by the sort of ethics you'd expect from a western hospital.

Finally is they are negligent (deliberately or not) there is virtually no possibility of comeback on any of the practitioners involved.

If you live in Thailand, I would suggest you seriously review you own status when it comes to healthcare because it sounds like you are making some hugely ill-advised leaps of faith.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I don't think you can just walk out. I have been to dental centers and a hospital here and the cashier is right there before you get to the elevator and they are definately watching so you don't leave. I had a question at the cashier last time and staff immediately appeared behind me quicker then usual. I think they would call security if he just walked out.

A few years ago I had quarterly Dr appointments at BPH heart center.

When done with the Dr a nurse would accompany me to the cashiers window on the next floor and didn't leave until my payment was completed.

It got to the point where I almost said something like "whats up don't you trust me?" and then I realized that they don't! 

It pissed me off because my insurance company at the time paid out well over 1 mil previously for bypass surgery.

After checking the thick invoice I noticed the bill was well and truly padded.pricks

• Like 1
  • Sad 1