UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

Considering that you, an outsider, cannot bring yourself to refer to Israelis as Israelis, but rely on claptrap 'Zionists', and at the same time denying Israel's rights/claims and so on - what does it imply for those directly involved in the conflict? Your positions on here aren't about compromise, nor are they about acceptance of the other side - they are a full embrace of one side's narrative.

Morch, No, that's not what I claim. I don't fully embrace either side's narrative. I hope there will be a peaceful settlement to this conflict eventually, but I doubt that will happen.

I don't deny Israel's claims. I know they believe them. They are based on their holy book. I also don't deny the Palestinians's claims. They have lived in this territory for thousands of years and are now being asked (forced?) to share it with the Hebrews. Do you deny that?

As I said, I hope they can work this out without the present atrocious conflicts, but right now, I don't see any end in site.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

That is your opinion, not fact. That you embrace the Palestinian narrative doesn't make it true.

I don't "embrace" it, but I do acknowledge it and am convinced they believe it. And, your embracing of the Zionist narrative doesn't make it true either. That's why we disagree.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

Reading compensation issues, I think. Try reading my post again, in context, and maybe go slower this time.

Maybe you should be less muddled in your posts and more clear and calling other's post as nonsense, and as for your post regarding the deployment of the thermonuclear weapons i was referring to Iran, the evil axis regime of this world... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I think that was before October 7. Now it's much higher.

You are wrong, again. Hamas support ratings were much lower prior to this. Was already discussed.

The reason the new support figures make headlines is exactly because they are clear and high.

Consider this scenario which has no doubt played out hundreds if not thousands of times.

You are a 13 year old Palestinians boy whose family has been wiped out by indiscriminate Israeli bombing? Do you

a) Throw up your hands in surrender and agree to live peacefully under Israeli rule.

b) Vow to kill every Israeli you can for the rest of your life?

Only an utter fool or abject propagandist believes anything other than B.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And i thought you were one of the good guys who sees and understand how futile and senseless the Hamas efforts are,

and by the way, without Zionism the Jews would have a home and the achievements in every field they had and still have since 1948, what have the so called " Palestinians" have to show ? other than families with 7-8 children each, poor life and no future so much so that non of the other Arab states and countries want them know full well how troublesome the flotsam and jetsam that makes the Palestinian people...

Thank you for sharing your bigotry with us. In fact, before the 7 day war, Palestinians were among the most highly educated and successful in the Arab world.. After the Israelis occupied the west bank and governed in a way to impoverish the Palestinians and deny them opportunities for advancement, the decline began.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Morch, No, that's not what I claim. I don't fully embrace either side's narrative. I hope there will be a peaceful settlement to this conflict eventually, but I doubt that will happen.

I don't deny Israel's claims. I know they believe them. They are based on their holy book. I also don't deny the Palestinians's claims. They have lived in this territory for thousands of years and are now being asked (forced?) to share it with the Hebrews. Do you deny that?

As I said, I hope they can work this out without the present atrocious conflicts, but right now, I don't see any end in site.

Will you be celebrating Christmas soon ?

You know that story about Jesus ?

A Jewish man being born in Bethlehem 2024 year ago .

Jews have been living on the land for 3000 years and Jews are sharing their land with Palestinians 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Consider this scenario which has no doubt played out hundreds if not thousands of times.

You are a 13 year old Palestinians boy whose family has been wiped out by indiscriminate Israeli bombing? Do you

a) Throw up your hands in surrender and agree to live peacefully under Israeli rule.

You can also consider this senario, you are a 13 year old boy whose parents have put you to school holiday terror training.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You cannot even bring yourself to call Israelis Israelis, but insist on that nonsense 'Zionist' bit. That's something of a hallmark for haters. Also, you seem to reject the legitimacy of Israel's basic claims - and done so on many comments by now. Israel's claims are not 'based on their holy book' but on the UN resolution sorting this back in 1947.  Palestinians have not lived in the area for 'thousands of years' - not in any meaningful way that's relevant to the present.

You start off denying that you do not embrace the Palestinian narrative, then go on to reiterate some of its basic tenets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You can also consider this senario, you are a 13 year old boy whose parents have put you to school holiday terror training.

Do you think this about the parents? What about those who no longer enjoy the luxury of having parents? Cut the propaganda.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Do you deny that support for Hamas among Palestinians has increased since October 7th?

Can you point me where I've denied it? I have no clue but I do know there are some who do not support them, unfortunately not enough.

The dramatic scenes as local Gazans throw stones and withstand gunfire from Hamas agents in order to stop them from looting new humanitarian aid shipments that crossed in from Rafah.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Will you be celebrating Christmas soon ?

You know that story about Jesus ?

A Jewish man being born in Bethlehem 2024 year ago .

Jews have been living on the land for 3000 years and Jews are sharing their land with Palestinians 

A share that keeps on decreasing as time goes by.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

UN schools for terror are porpoganda?

Not what I sad is it? You claiming it';s all about parents sending their kids to to be trained as terrorists is propaganda. When did military training become  terrorism per se? I was a sea cadet at school. Is this different?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I don't "embrace" it, but I do acknowledge it and am convinced they believe it. And, your embracing of the Zionist narrative doesn't make it true either. That's why we disagree.

No, that's you posting untruths again.

You embrace the basic concepts associated with the Palestinian narrative and repeat them on loop here.

As for the supposed 'Zionist' narrative - you insist on this being monolith and extreme - which it is not. Nothing in my posts to indicate that I support the more extreme versions of Zionism, and nothing in your posts that acknowledges that there are many faces to Zionism - not just what you choose to paint it as.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Morch said:

No, that's you posting untruths again.

You embrace the basic concepts associated with the Palestinian narrative and repeat them on loop here.

As for the supposed 'Zionist' narrative - you insist on this being monolith and extreme - which it is not. Nothing in my posts to indicate that I support the more extreme versions of Zionism, and nothing in your posts that acknowledges that there are many faces to Zionism - not just what you choose to paint it as.

You may or may not be a zionist but you certainly don't see both sides of the argument.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Maybe you should be less muddled in your posts and more clear and calling other's post as nonsense, and as for your post regarding the deployment of the thermonuclear weapons i was referring to Iran, the evil axis regime of this world... 

I think people living in glass houses should be careful what they preach.

As for your the other thing - how would it relate to the Hamas and the Palestinians, then? Never mind that starting a nuclear war will not go down well internationally, nor necessarily end well for Israel. This kind of talk IS mostly nonsense.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ozimoron said:

Not what I sad is it? You claiming it';s all about parents sending their kids to to be trained as terrorists is propaganda. When did military training become  terrorism per se? I was a sea cadet at school. Is this different?

Actually this is what I said, can you tell me where I blamed the parents?

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They are children, of course its the parents sending them there but why? Well who knows, perhaps the parents themselves underwent the same training, perhaps Hamas instructed parents to send them there, you tell me?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As heard on Al Jazeera it's becoming clear that israel actually does have a plan for after, and it's to take over all Palestinian territory by force. Everything they are doing is designed to make Gaza unlivable, and IMO the atrocities being committed daily in the West Bank are designed to foment a rebellion which would give them an excuse to destroy all Palestinian infrastructure and drive them either into exile or into the desert.

They may think they have won, as they will win the conflict in israel, unless the US is forced by outrage to stop the plan, but they will live in fear of revenge from every Palestinian living outside israel. Even if the conflict stopped tomorrow, it's likely gone too far to have anything resembling peace after. Has netanyahu and his cronies forgotten how many Palestinians live outside Palestine, safe from israeli terror? Endless war awaits israel.

Absolutely correct, this is certainly no way to resolve the situation, but the extremists in Israel are not interested in a resolution. As you say they are interested in a complete takeover, they want to force the Palestinians out, or control them with an iron fist. Like Russia, they do not seem to be bothered by the slaughter of innocent women or children. Moral bankruptcy? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Consider that made up simplified stories and examples tailored to fit an agenda aren't the best way to address these issues.

• Thanks 1

Actually this is what I said, can you tell me where I blamed the parents?

They are children, of course its the parents sending them there but why? Well who knows, perhaps the parents themselves underwent the same training, perhaps Hamas instructed parents to send them there, you tell me?

You might answer the question if you had any inkling of fairness and introspection.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Consider that made up simplified stories and examples tailored to fit an agenda aren't the best way to address these issues.

Made up? What's made up is the denial that this scenario isn't playing out every hour.

The premise is that Israel has increased the number of Hamas terrorists. Do you deny that?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1