German accused faces criminal charges at home over under-age liaison with a 17-year-old Pattaya bar girl

webfact

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Don’t believe everything that you read 😊

It amazes me that people have such short memories or simply don’t bother with doing even the tiniest bit of research before commenting. 

Please explain. You are obviously privy to inside information.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NextG said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Plenty to see here.  She was employed as a prostitute in a bar, that is underage and bribing the police to escape Thailand's justice is illegal also.

Do you think that he offered the bribe?

Doesn't matter what I think and I'm not going to speculate but the officers concerned are being investigated.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She is a minor if she is working as a brass in a bar.  The German was having illegal sex with her, whether you see it as that or not.

I see it as a crime as serious as selling alcohol out of hours.

Maybe Big Joke should rethink his priorities and go looking for that Red Bull guy that murdered a policeman with his car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

If you ask if it is a ladyboy or lady you can ask how old she is. Unless you don't care about either

A Thai will generally state he/she is 1 year older than actual. For example on attaining the age of 17. he /she is in the 18th year, and will say they are 18 years of age.

The guy was in a foreign country, in Sin City on holiday, where there are thousands of prostitutes plying their wares. No doubt this particular lass was trying seduce him as no doubt many of the other girls were. They only care about money. The older the customer the more likely she would not have to work so hard!   If she was working in a bar, and the guy duly paid the bar fine, then the bar/bar staff/bar management are the sole guilty parties!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, rct99q said:

Probably noted already, but I believe the reason the Thais' are going to Germany is to get info from the German guy regarding who he paid off. So the can investigate issues here in Thailand.

They already know. Remember this investigation was wrapped up a year ago. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

She is a minor if she is working as a brass in a bar.  The German was having illegal sex with her, whether you see it as that or not.

Yes, she was illegally working in a bar, doing illegal work for an employer that illegally employed her and then, at the end of that chain of illegality, a customer (perhaps unknowingly, perhaps not) committed an illegal act by participating in it.

*If* he wasn't aware of it, I consider this to be like going to Powermall and buying a TV, only to be arrested because Powermall sold you a stolen TV.  If he was aware, of course, it's a different matter.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't be bothered to read the whole thread so if someone else got there first my apologies:

Age of consent in Germany is 14.

Age of consent to prostitution is 18. Commercial sex with someone under 18 potentially attracts jail of up to 5 years for the john.  

The age of majority is 18, therefore a person under the age of 18 cannot legally contract to commercial sex - it is regarded as exploitation/trafficking. I consider that correct, and, while I'm not sure if it's a legal statute, I'm sure a court would view it as such. 

Obviously age difference would also be considered as relevant. 55 to 17 won't get you out of jail faster.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

Normal relation”??
no more likely he  just wanted to shag something young and tight.

secondly you better start building some prison cells cause most older men dream of or (“want”) young poon, doesn’t mean they will all go for it. But there is Nothing wrong at all as long as they have reached legal age of consent  to sex.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Morch said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but that 'even if there is a Extradition Treaty' - why would they have one if it's unconstitutional?

1. They don't have an extradition treaty.

2. For Germany to prosecute it must be an illegal act in Germany, having sex with a 17-year-old isn't.

3. Big Joke is trying to take the focus off the fact that his RTP took bribes to let him go.

And that is also why they would never extradite him voluntarily for bilateral relations.

All European governments are well aware how filthy the RTP is.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a wood-duck!   Comes to Thailand, gets caught with an underage prostitute, escapes on bail? and then as if he shouldnt have praise the Gods he got away, has to go home and brag about it while pointing the finger at the police for impropriety!!   While telling all in order to show the Thai police as corrupt  he is tightening the noose around his own neck as he goes.

• Confused 1

The guy was either looking for:

1. an underage girl, or;

2. the youngest legal woman he could get his hands on.

In any case, he played with fire. 

Perhaps, she said she was 18 and maybe he didn't know that sex work is off limits till 20.

Hell, maybe she even said she was 20, and she may have looked it.

Who knows?

Nonetheless, this is not a game you should play and he has to blame himself, mostly.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, peter zwart said:

legal or not. Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up. Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined.

"Any older person that wants to stick his w!llie in a minor should be locked up."

Agreed, and one has to abide by the laws of the country you are in, but come on - 17 years old? Any 17 year old girl can look 10 years older with a bit of make up, and I am guessing that she didn't tell him she was only 17!

"Also men here that think they can have a normal relation with a girl thats 35 years younger..........what a joke. Get youself examined."

Plenty of them here, mate - myself included (but in my case only 25 years difference between me and my Thai wife who I have been with for 16 years)

I suspect the examination rooms would have waiting lists akin to the  NHS in the UK!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I see them in the village around here going up to the local hookers joint to sit with, and go with men old enough to be their grandfathers.

I see them playing the Mia Noi to policemen and bragging about it, and all these are Thais.

I also see 13 and 14-year-old girls with babies in tow to local village boys.

A 17-year-old is not a minor in my view or in the view of European governments with their varying ages of consent, and certainly wasn't in Thailand years ago, when anything went.

So distasteful as it is, she was out there putting it on a plate and prostituting herself.

With the support of the bar management who knowingly hired her when she was underage, so they could profit from selling her for sex

• Like 2